Some cheap 1GB/2GB GDDR5 GPUs (AMD GCN) $60/$80 @ Newegg (sold by Computer Headquarters) Also 78LMT-USB3 R2 *Refurb* $64.99

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
ADFR_1_202002072133823201.jpg

XFX Radeon R7 250 LP 1GB GDDR5 R7-250A-ZNF4 Video Graphic Card GPU $59.99

Be the first to review this product... Ask Or Answer A Question

See more "radeon r7"

In stock. Ships from United States. Most customers receive within 4-8 days.

Sold and Shipped by Computer Headquarters 400 Ratings (86% Positive)

• Brand: XFX
  • Type: Radeon
  • Model: R7 250
  • Memory Size: 1GB GDDR5
  • Version: LP
  • Part Number: R7-250A-ZNF4
  • PCIe 3.0 x16
  • Multi Monitor: Yes

ADFR_1_202002111489444580.jpg

XFX Radeon R7 360 2GB GDDR5 R7-360P-2DF5 Video Graphic Card GPU $79.99

Be the first to review this product... Ask Or Answer A Question

See more "radeon r7"

In stock. Limit 20 per customer. Ships from United States. Most customers receive within 4-8 days.

Sold and Shipped by Computer Headquarters 400 Ratings (86% Positive)

• Brand: XFX
  • Type: Radeon
  • Model: R7 360
  • Memory Size: 2GB GDDR5
  • Part Number: R7-360P-2DF5
  • PCIe 3.0 x16
  • Multi Monitor: Yes
  • Crossfire Ready

---

These would likely be OK for a "Fortnite box for the kids", or something along those lines. Also, for a cheap "starter GPU", if you're buying an AMD Ryzen 3000-series CPU setup, and need a GPU (because they don't come with an iGPU). Also if you need a 4K display output, but I DONT THINK either of these cards has HDMI2.0, so you would need to use the DisplayPort connection, in conjunction with an ACTIVE adapter to HDMI2.0, to get a 4K60 UHD display out of these. (Club3D makes a popular one.)

Power-consumption on these is going to be greater, than something like a GTX 1650 card, so if you see one of those for around $100 or so, those would be a better deal, IMHO.

However, looking at the pics, the R7 250 1GB GDDR5 card above, does NOT need a 6-pin PCI-E power, so that might be an option for OEM boxes. Then again, if you're doing any kind of gaming in 2020, you're going to want a 4GB minimum card (again, the GTX 1650). But for those severely strapped for cash, these cards might be an option to get you by. (Normal price on a GTX 1650 is around $150.)

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that these are NEW. They aren't listed as "open-box" or "refurb".

Most people know this, but I have no association with either the seller or Newegg, other than being a happy customer of Newegg. I may or may not have ordered parts in the past from "Computer Headquarters", I don't recall.

Edit: It doesn't say in the specs (they are quite brief), but does anyone know if that particular R7 360 2GB GDDR5 card, supports dual DL-DVI-D ports? I mean, it has the physical ports, but do they BOTH support dual-link? If they do, then this might be a decent card to get, for dual 1440P / 144Hz (?) monitors, not for gaming, but for desktop work.

Again, for a "Fortnite box for the kids", some people don't like to buy "used" GPUs, and if you're looking for NEW, and under $100, these are some of the only recent ones that I've seen that fit the bill. (Of course, there's the "horrible" GT 1030 2GB GDDR5 card, but that has a pittance of display outputs - only two.)

Edit: Here's the listing on Amazon.com, from Computer Headquarters, for the R7 360 XFX card (same one). A bit more detailed specs. Note that the price is $99.99, whereas the price on Newegg is $79.99.

Core clock: 1050Mhz
Bus width: 128-bit
Dual-link DVI-I, dual-link DVI-D, HDMI, DisplayPort

(* If that's truely a DVI-I port on there, then this GPU can still be used with a VGA monitor with the appropriate passive dongle to convert from DVI-I to VGA.)

Edit: In comparison to the $80-90 GT 1030 2GB GDDR5 card, that card only has a 64-bit memory bus, and I think a PCI-E x4 bus, so this XFX R7 360 card (with two fans!) should game better, IMHO.

---

I'm going to throw this one in here, because it's from the same seller on Newegg, but they also have the Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3 R2 *REFURB* boards, just board and I/O shield, for $64.99. That's one of the late-model 780G/760G boards, that was designed to support the "FX" series of AM3+ CPUs (though, the VRMs on this mATX board generally won't handle one overclocked, just at stock.) It was and is a popular board, though, for budget AM3+ builders. (*I've used one or two myself, bought previously from Newegg, both new and factory refurb.)

Last edited:

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
I'm guessing genuine, just overstock. I got a bunch of cards from BestBuy on ebay a while back, they were also XFX. Some R7 250X (unfortunately, DDR3, and they sucked), and some R7 260X 2GB GDDR5 cards, which I assume this R7 360 card is similar in performance (?).

At least, if the pictures are accurate. I've never seen "generic" cards with XFX logos on them. Most generic cards don't directly infringe trademarks / trade dress, they would be setting themselves up for massive lawsuits, should the source of the cards ever be discovered.

ao_ika_red

Golden Member
Aug 11, 2016
I'm guessing genuine, just overstock. I got a bunch of cards from BestBuy on ebay a while back, they were also XFX. Some R7 250X (unfortunately, DDR3, and they sucked), and some R7 260X 2GB GDDR5 cards, which I assume this R7 360 card is similar in performance (?).

At least, if the pictures are accurate. I've never seen "generic" cards with XFX logos on them. Most generic cards don't directly infringe trademarks / trade dress, they would be setting themselves up for massive lawsuits, should the source of the cards ever be discovered.
260x has 896SP, 360 has 768SP

SamirD

Golden Member
Jun 12, 2019
www.huntsvillecarscene.com

Gotcha. I've seen fakes with full logos before, but not on gpus--cpus and nics. And everyone knows they come from china.