Some bastard hit me

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
I was stopping at a red light and the moron behind me wasn't. He plowed right into the back of my car, pretty hard. By some miracle there is not a scratch on the back of my car, but his hood bent and the front of his car looks like, well, like he hit a car. I let him go because I couln't find any damage or anything, but now my neck is hurting.

SaintGRW

Golden Member
Oct 14, 2001
you should have got his information anyways incase there was damage under the bumper that wasn't visible to you.

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
You almost had yourself a new 21" LCD! Whiplash is an instant settlement!

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: edro13
Yeah well, I didn't feel anything untill about 20 minutes later, and I'm not the type to sue over a little discomfort.

isasir

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2000
Originally posted by: ThePresence
Originally posted by: amdskip
You should have filed a police report.
This is NYC. I would wait at least an hour for the cops.

Tell me about it! I called to file a police report one time, at like 12 Midnight on a Saturday, and after the officer on the phone asked if anyone was injured, and I replied no, I got a message that basically said that police are busy people and may not come any time soon.

Rilescat

Jan 11, 2002
Yeah well, I didn't feel anything untill about 20 minutes later, and I'm not the type to sue over a little discomfort.

Good man. Law suits suck. However, if the pain doesn't go away in 3-4 days, then get a lawyer anyway.....or a shotgun.

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Rilescat

Good man. Law suits suck. However, if the pain doesn't go away in 3-4 days, then get a lawyer anyway.....or a shotgun.
Ha. Nah, no lawyer. Tylenol already fixed it for now. :)

PaperclipGod

Banned
Apr 7, 2003
Wow, that was pretty dumb not to take his information. The car may look fine, but are you a mechanic? There might have been some frame damage, something might have been weakened, etc. Plus like someone else said, its now his word against yours if he's an asshole.

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: PaperclipGod
Wow, that was pretty dumb not to take his information. The car may look fine, but are you a mechanic? There might have been some frame damage, something might have been weakened, etc. Plus like someone else said, its now his word against yours if he's an asshole.
The guy was shaking from nervousness. He won't do a thing.

PaperclipGod

Banned
Apr 7, 2003

Eh...

Some woman hit me on the highway once. She veered into my lane, and my front right fender impacted her rear left quarter panel. She lost control and her car flipped into my lane, with me T-boning her. Luckily we were both fine... but a couple weeks later, i got a call from the insurance company, telling me that the woman claimed i hit her. She seemed pretty shook up at the time, too.

You cant trust people. Theyre all assholes.

CraigRT

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000

Eh...

Some woman hit me on the highway once. She veered into my lane, and my front right fender impacted her rear left quarter panel. She lost control and her car flipped into my lane, with me T-boning her. Luckily we were both fine... but a couple weeks later, i got a call from the insurance company, telling me that the woman claimed i hit her. She seemed pretty shook up at the time, too.

You cant trust people. Theyre all assholes.

wow, I would be SO mad.... damn!!!
yeah, you are right... trust no one!!!!!!

Bleep

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
You are going to be shocked when you find that your rear tires will start wearing out really fast and your car is now dogtracking. As to the poster replying to the police when asked if anyone was hurt, how could you say no? Are you a doctor that self diagnoses yourself?
Bleep