[Solved] Printing on Canon MF printer from remote wifi PC

Charlie98

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2011
I just set up a Canon MF8280Cw printer upstairs. I have it connected to my wifi router. I can access the printer through the Canon UI... but all that does is check the status and allow me to make basic changes to the setup.

What I NEED to be able to do is take a document on my PC down here and print it upstairs. Yes, I have the Canon Toolbox 4.9 loaded (I also have a USB connected Canon MF B&W printer down here already) but the new printer doesn't show up anywhere.

I know this sounds like a noob question... but I can't figure it out. o_O

Last edited:

SKORPI0

Lifer
Jan 18, 2000
http://www.canon.co.uk/Support/Cons...aspx?faqtcmuri=tcm:14-1062175&page=1&type=faq

Here's how I usually do it with my wireless printers. Brother HL-4070CDW and Epson Artisan 837.
No Ethernet cable connected from the printer to the wifi router.

1. Connect printer via wireless lan. Look for the routers SSID and enter the password.
2. Printer now should show that it is connected.
3. Get the printers IP address. Manual should show you how to do this or make a printout, via the settings.
4. Install printer driver on the PC. Specify you're connecting wirelessly, not USB or ethernet cable. Search for printer or enter printers IP address.
5. Do a test print.

Last edited:

Charlie98

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2011
1. Connect printer via wireless lan. Look for the routers SSID and enter the password.
2. Printer now should show that it is connected.
3. Get the printers IP address. Manual should show you how to do this or make a printout, via the settings.
4. Install printer driver on the PC. Specify you're connecting wirelessly, not USB or ethernet cable. Search for printer or enter printers IP address.
5. Do a test print.

1. Done already,
2. It does...
3. Done,
4. Driver is already installed (same driver) for other USB-connected printer. New printer does not show up.

EDIT: No, you are correct... I thought the driver was the same, once I installed the new driver it found the printer upstairs. All is well!

Thank you!

Last edited: