Discussion Solution to robocalls on Android?

PCmodder78

Sep 27, 2022
I deal with so many robocalls and spam callers trying to scam me every other day and I am sick of blocking these manually. They keep calling me from a new number every time.

I was just reading about Truecaller and seems too good to be true. You can let a bot answer your calls. I bet those Robocalls are going to get a taste of their own medicine.

Has anyone had the chance to try this app or anything similar?

tony78

Oct 3, 2022
I have not used any similar App. However, I think you can contact your cellular service provider and activate a Do Not Disturb service.

The service provider will stop all known telemarketers from calling your number.

But your Bot to reply to a bot call seems a fitting reply.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
The Google Pixels do this without needing an app, it's baked into the OS for Pixels. I am not sure if other Android phones can do this but I know Pixels can.

George Nasir

Sep 20, 2022
For Android phones: Hit the phone icon, which is typically situated at the bottom of your home screen, then tap the three dots > Settings > Blocked Numbers in the top right corner of the screen to enable Block Calls From Unidentified Callers. By clicking the toggle switch on the right, you can enable Block Calls From Unknown Callers.

Nov 17, 2019
I'm not sure if it originates in the OS or somewhere else, but I have a Spam button below most numbers that call. I can click it and it will block all future calls from that number.

I also have Call Detector that does similar but has more options. That's free on TracFone lines and some others. Not sure what the fee is for others.