Software I found that you may like (free)

jmagg

Golden Member
Nov 21, 2001
Damn nice.
I wish it were a raw editor, since Nikon chooses to charge, rather than supply that privilege with included software.
Still quite impressive, thanks ep.

BeauJangles

Lifer
Aug 26, 2001
Paint.net is also a nice alternative.

I also think they screwed up their example for vignetting.

episodic

Lifer
Feb 7, 2004
You have to try it. I'd say it is more powerful than picasa. It even has curves adjustments. The examples are crappy. Download it and play with it - tons of hidden stuff.

corkyg

Elite Member | Peripherals
Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
Originally posted by: Triumph
How does this compare to Picasa?

I have taught Picasa to a SeniorNet class - but it has a problem for me, and that is saving files to places I want as opposed to keeping them in cloistered "collections." When you make changes in Picasa, they are not imposed on the original, and they have to be viewed within a collection. This is for me a PITA.

Photoscape looks good - definitely worth a look and a feel.

tdawg

Platinum Member
May 18, 2001
Originally posted by: jmagg
Damn nice.
I wish it were a raw editor, since Nikon chooses to charge, rather than supply that privilege with included software.

Can't you download picture project from Nikon's site? Actually, I thought picture project comes on the disk with the camera. Do they not do that any more? That's a free raw photo tool (how good it is is up to the individual using it) from Nikon.

tfinch2

Lifer
Feb 3, 2004
Originally posted by: jmagg
Damn nice.

UFRaw is the best free RAW image editor. Try it out. It's all I use.