Software for burning data to disc media

tinpanalley

Golden Member
Jul 13, 2011
I don't want to burn playable DVDs or CDs or BDs. I just want to burn data to discs for storage purposes. Is there any software out there that does this any better than Nero?

Chiefcrowe

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Not sure if it is better than nero but CdburnerXP has worked for me in the past.

Mantrid-Drone

Mar 15, 2014
Any disc burning software can do this. Rather than use Write Image File To Disc or Burn ISO Image you use the Write Files/Folders To Disc or Data Disc.

ImgBurn is often considered the best free burner; it has, arguably, the most comprehensive toolset. But CDBurnerXP, Burnaware and InfraRecoder are amongst several other good alternatives - I've used them all with minimal or no problems.

With CDBurnerXP and Burnaware make sure to find downloads without the non-optional PUP Open Candy Adware included. If you look carefully Burnaware does link you to an Open Candy free mirror but I think with CDBurnerXP you may have to go to a "software plus service" web site like Ninite where their downloads are stripped of that sort of unwanted stuff.

cabri

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2012
Under Win 7, you could just insert a disc and drag files to the drive icon to burn them.

JimKiler

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2002
If you want to easily span discs you can use the free version of Cyberlink's Power2Go. you can add all the files to the software and then when you click burn just insert disc after disc until complete. If the setting are correct you can add more files to the last disc later if there is unused space.

http://www.cyberlink.com/products/power2go-platinum/features_en_US.html

bottom of the page has the free version called the essential version.