socket 2011-v3 new cpu info?

idreamsofram

May 8, 2013
Hey there i kinda heard it alluded to that there is a new socket 2011-v3 cpu generation coming out in Q1 2016. Is it true? Are current motherboards compatible? Would the release of the new processors typically have an updated chipset released at the same time?

How long does it take motherboard makers to release the new motheboard based on the new chipset if there is one, or are they ready to go out of the gate?

thanks

Jun 8, 2003
No new board required. I heard September next year.

Mar 10, 2006
Hey there i kinda heard it alluded to that there is a new socket 2011-v3 cpu generation coming out in Q1 2016. Is it true? Are current motherboards compatible? Would the release of the new processors typically have an updated chipset released at the same time?

How long does it take motherboard makers to release the new motheboard based on the new chipset if there is one, or are they ready to go out of the gate?

thanks
Broadwell-E, the follow-on to Haswell-E, will arrive in Q2 2016 according to the latest leaks (May/June). These will work on current X99 boards.

There will not be a new chipset for Broadwell-E, but expect refreshed boards from the mobo makers to "refresh" their lineups to try to entice buyers.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS