SoB newby question

jhites

Golden Member
Mar 19, 2000
How can the total work go backwords? :confused:

I noticed this happened to me yesterday when I was changing over to running SoB as a service. Was only about 5-10 G but just curious. I just noticed the same thing with slowbones which shows at 196 G in the 10/18 stats post but now only shows 120 G on the SoB team stats webpage.

Baldy18

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2000
It has something to do with deleting a pending work unit and downloading a new work unit (like you did when you reinstalled the client). I guess you don't get partial credit for work that wasn't fully completed.

SlowBones

Mar 14, 2000
The only thing I can think of is the source of the stats. I had run SoB for a few weeks before I joined the team (hoping to bring something to the table), so maybe those WU don't count?

Otherwise, I'm mystified.

Allio

Golden Member
Jul 9, 2002
The team page shows the work completed by that user for the team, the separate user pages (and maybe the stats post?) show the total work done by that user. Also, like Baldy18 mentioned, the actual work totals can jump around a little. It's quite noticeable at first, but after a while the differences are so minimal that you forget they're even there :p

MereMortal

Golden Member
Oct 16, 2000
Baldy18 is correct. You only get permanent credit when a full test is completed. If you have send intermediate blocks turned on, you are provisionally given credit during the course of a test. If you fail to complete that test, however, those points are removed after the test times out.

jhites

Golden Member
Mar 19, 2000
Originally posted by: Baldy18
It has something to do with deleting a pending work unit and downloading a new work unit (like you did when you reinstalled the client). I guess you don't get partial credit for work that wasn't fully completed.
Thanks for the replies. This is what I had suspected but just wanted to check.

pcdeatherage

Jul 23, 2003
slowbones' current totals show 204.59 G cEMs total work done but the the team list on the SOB site only indicates 122.99 G cEMs (at the time the team list was done for the forum, his total was 196)...

(SlowB, just noticed your post) Yes results produced prior to joining the team will show on the list that the script does for the forum but not the team list on the SOB site. If you belonged to a team prior to this one, then those prior results will stay with that team.

At one point I was sure I had read that if you did not belong to a team first, then those points would carry in with you when you joined. That may not be the case. Or it may have to be manually done by the powers that be...

In any case, because of the way the data is made available by the SOB site, the script for the team stats in the forum can not determine if any points were created prior to someone joining the team and are reported in total (these comments don't take into consideration any loss of points due to expired tests)...

hope this helps...