So why was US DA Preet Bharara fired?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Oh... well fvck me then :(

Edit: A filter? I got a filter telling me I couldn't post my message with the u.... This isn't my day :(

add an "ing" or an "er" to your fvck and you'll be OK. It's messed up for lots of people right now.

or you could always try: well motherfuck me then. :(

Reactions: Meghan54

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
Obama donor and headed up the practice of fining large corporations and then having that money go to third party, non-victim groups favored by Obama's administration.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
I'm sure you believe that too.

Do you even English?
brandonbull is Florida man and everything that encompasses. Poorly educated, secure and embracing of his ignorance, always up for the next hold my beer opportunity to present itself.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Trump is dirty, but Bharara was let go on the same day as every other US attorney. Even if he had a nefarious motive for getting rid of Bharara, that will probably provide him with sufficient cover.

The problem I have with that is that unlike the others there, Dump previously, personally, asked Bharara to stay on. They were in agreement.

I think it's pretty clear that Preet's prowess at uncovering financial and political malfeasance was seen as a direct thread to most corrupt admin in our modern history. Consider Kasowitzs' bragging too.

Reactions: J.Wilkins

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
The problem I have with that is that unlike the others there, Dump previously, personally, asked Bharara to stay on. They were in agreement.

I think it's pretty clear that Preet's prowess at uncovering financial and political malfeasance was seen as a direct thread to most corrupt admin in our modern history. Consider Kasowitzs' bragging too.

What actually happened was that back in November, shortly after the election, Chuck Schumer, who is a friend of Bharara's, asked Trump to keep Bharara on. Trump agreed at the time. But Schumer was making nice with Trump back then, talking about bipartisan cooperation. Fast forward to March, Trump and Schumer were at odds by then, with Schumer having publicly criticized Trump. It's likely that Trump decided to not honor that deal and fire Bharara along with everyone else.

Trump may have had an improper motive but I think it will be difficult to prove that here.

Last edited:

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
What actually happened was that back in November, shortly after the election, Chuck Schumer, who is a friend of Bharara's, asked Trump to keep Bharara on. Trump agreed at the time. But Schumer was making nice with Trump back then, talking about bipartisan cooperation. Fast forward to March, Trump and Schumer were at odds by then, with Schumer having publicly criticized Trump. It's likely that Trump decided to not honor that deal and fire Bharara along with everyone else.

Trump may have had an improper motive but I think it will be difficult to prove that here.

I found the article I initially read, http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...torney-preet-bharara-source-article-1.2892952

Makes it sound like Schumer was notified after Preet already had a meeting in Trump Tower about staying on. You are an attorney though IIRC, one based out of NY as well? Something tells me your account may be the correct one. I can see Trump getting some satisfaction from sending Schumer an FU, especially when it helps insulate or at least delay investigation into any business activities Trump would rather keep locked down like tax records. I suppose it matters little. We're still out a talented investigator and prosecutor at quite an inconvenient time.