So why is the NHSA sponsoring public roadblocks for "voluntary" DNA collection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
Since we're on the subject of eroding privacy rights in the US...

This hit the news in Alabama the other day, and now the governor would like to know why two county sheriff's departments allowed off-duty deputies to set up road checkpoints asking for DNA and blood samples.

What's worse is that people say that they were harassed and intimidated by the off-duty deputies if they declined to "participate" in this supposedly voluntary mystery "study" sponsored by the National Highway Safety Administration and some Maryland company.

Why did this even come to light? Because someone contacted a local news station to ask what these checkpoints were being set up for.

Begs the question, is your DNA worth $60?

Last edited by a moderator:

Scotteq

Diamond Member
Apr 10, 2008
I'd counter offer $10 if they gave me a blowjob.

I suspect at that point, you would be arrested for Pandering. Subsequently, they would take the blood sample as evidence - pursuant to recent SCOTUS precedence, of course.

colonelciller

Sep 29, 2012
basically it scares the shit out of people, and people will "volunteer" to donate DNA out of fear of looking guilty should they refuse.

that kind of collection for medical samples, under those conditions sounds pretty illegal actually. a university would never be allowed to perform such a "voluntary collection"

MrColin

Platinum Member
May 21, 2003
I think the CDC is trying to determine if anyone is Alabama is not inbred.

Status
Not open for further replies.