So why hasnt anyone started to bomb Zimbabwe yet?

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Because it's hard to make sure you get all the kids in one bombing?

hawkeye81x

Golden Member
Apr 24, 2001
If I'm not mistaken, the rate of rape is severely higher in neighboring South Africa, which also explains the prevalence of AIDS, which is kinda like poetic justice at work...
I've lost my train of...

Wuffsunie

Platinum Member
May 4, 2002
Originally posted by: ndee
no oil.
Exactly. Stuff like this just goes to show the hypocracy of the current US government's justifying of the Iraq debacle.

Mugabe should have been eliminated years ago, really :disgust:

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Actually it's because we're too busy fighting the war on terror, rebuilding iraq, rebuilding afghanistan, and defending the sanctity of marriage!

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001
We could always lob a nuke their way, or just get Canada to break out the tank. And the rusty rowboat to get it there!

TheBoyBlunder

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2003
It's because no one from Zimbabwe tried to kill Bush Sr.

/I got nothin

Shouldn't this go in flame war land, AKA P&N?

dopcombo

Golden Member
Nov 14, 2000
Originally posted by: TheBoyBlunder
It's because no one from Zimbabwe tried to kill Bush Sr.

/I got nothin

Shouldn't this go in flame war land, AKA P&N?

Didn't intend for it to be a flame war starter actually.
Just wanted to educate people about the horrors in Africa.
Guess I chose a bad heading...

And yet, the attention will never be turned on them.
How many more years before they latch onto extremist Islam teachings? Or some other sort of fanatic faith that tells them to kill everyone else cos we didn't help?

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
I really don't care. Lots of bad stuff happens in the world. If it has nothing to do with me, can't help me at all, then I definitely don't give a damn. Most of Africa has AIDS now, in a couple years, there will be a whole lot of death as the virus hits it's peak. Lots of bad stuff happens. We can't help everyone, only those that can help us in return.

Ronstang

Lifer
Jul 8, 2000
It is quite simple.....noone in that part of the world has the ability to destabilize the world economy so they are rather unimportant on the grand scale. I don't see anyone complaining that the Europeans are not jumping to help underdeveloped African nations so why should the US. EVERYONE follows a course of action through life that promotes self benefit and that is undeniable but the minute the US does it we are slammed for doing what is natural, I think everyone needs to start looking inward before casting aspersions outward.

phantom309

Platinum Member
Jan 30, 2002
Because Exxon/Mobil and Halliburton haven't found a way to make money off a war in Zimabawe.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
As I've said before fully 90% of the countries on the planet are not worth sh*t. Their governments and cultures and social systems are total garbage, and I'm so glad I wasn't born in one of those festering pits of human decay.

edited for my piss-poor spelling

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Skoorb
As I've said before fully 90% of the countries on the planet are not worth sh*t. They're governments and cultures and social systems are total garbage, and I'm so glad I wasn't born in one of those festering pits of human decay.

That's nice mR. Maxima driving white alabamian ;)

Seriosuly though, from a tactical standpoint, lauching an attack would constitute a realization that this would indeed be a vietnam. IRAQ has been a struggle, but the targets are tangible. Waging war when 80% of the people are trying to secretly kill you, however....

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
could political instability in Iraq affect us directly both in terms of terrorist activity and economically?

how about Zimbabwe?

Ok, so we have limited resources with which to be the world's policeman. Which do you choose?

ggavinmoss

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2001
(1) Because most Americans don't know about/care about Africa and (2) it's not developed enough for American businesses to care about.

-geof

GreenGhost

Golden Member
Oct 11, 1999
Because they are all blacks? There were worst things, even recently, and nobody does anything. Would it be different if those peoples were white?

Francesca

Jan 29, 2003
I'm actually personally involved in getting supplies to the women's crisis center there. It's hard to do because we can't send funding due to obvious problems. The director, a wonderful woman, is in hiding due to the gangs there. Right now they have an email network set up so that we can get addresses to send supplies. The biggest problem with this country and why people don't know about the problem is that, when confronted, this treatment is absolulutely denied.

Makes sense, I suppose. But anyway, the conditions are horrible. The women are victimized by men that simply know no other way because of their 'training'. I have an email if anyone would like to look into this. Only people that are serious though, please. Feel free to send me a private message and I'll send you the addy.

jagr10

Golden Member
Jan 21, 2001
Originally posted by: Skyclad1uhm1
Originally posted by: ndee
no oil.

Exactly. How many times was North Korea screaming "we got nuclear weapons". U.S. didn't do much. There are many countries with problems where you could justify going in there, but if there's nothing in it for you why bother.