So who's getting paid?

FrequencyX

Oct 22, 2004
Since most of the banks are closed this Friday, how many of you are getting paid this Thursday or tonight?
I should be getting mine in about 3 hours or so direct deposit

Mallow

Diamond Member
Jul 25, 2001
Do you live paycheck to paycheck?

BTW: I don't get paid, I'm indentured into slave labor for the next 2 years. Actually, I pay someone 10K a year to allow me to work 60-80 hours a week (medical student). Ain't that some s*it?

FrequencyX

Oct 22, 2004
Originally posted by: Mallow

Most of time...:eek: Thats what happens when you have a wife with expensive tastes and lots of bills.

I have been trying to make it up with 160 and 120 hour pay periods

Xcobra

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2004

Originally posted by: Mallow

tell me about it, i got a part time on campus here at school and that money only goes to my food and school...dont have money for anything else

tami

Lifer
Nov 14, 2004
i get paid once a month through direct deposit, and the day is never really known, so it is a surprise to all.

YoshiSato

Banned
Jul 31, 2005
Direct deposit is a wounderful thing.

It's also nice to have a few paychecks worth of cash in a money market.

GeekDrew

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
Originally posted by: Syringer
Originally posted by: ScottSwingleComputers
Why are banks closed Friday?

Are you serious?

I'm not surprised. I've been working in a Board of Elections office for a little while now... and I can't begin to count how many times I've been asked why we're not going to be open on Friday. I now assume that nobody has ever heard of Veteran's day.

Oh well... doesn't matter to me... I have the rest of the week off work anyway. :D

aplefka

Lifer
Feb 29, 2004
I'll prolly get paid next week, but what's weird is since they have the day off I'll get it Thursday instead. Should be another decent one. Actually I work at a horrible wage but it works.