So - whos drinking?

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
Anyone else here? Had some wine and some captains+caramel vodka+vernors (slightly sweeter cream soda taste compared to just captains+vernors)

Reactions: FirNaTine

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Had a few beers earlier. Haven't been in the mood for alcohol for awhile. I still have a bunch of jul spirits I never finished cause winter was shitty and warm.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Diet Pepsi earlier. I have some whole milk chocolate milk that I might dive into. I don't have half and half though. Spiking the chocolate milk with half and half is bestly.

Last edited:

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
i am, I am...just ice water though. Stopped in to the local Eagles aerie earlier and had a Stella...pretty dead in there...left after one beer.

FirNaTine

Jun 6, 2005
Probably a less common response given *gestures towards the world*

Alcohol and other substance abuse issues are significantly up. Economic stress, social isolation, and lack of in person access to support services all combined to hit it very hard. Even some essentials that experienced an economic benefit (hazard pay/extra hours) are relieving their stress with more alcohol than usual.

As for me .... Sam Adams Summer for right now, maybe a Tito's and homemade lemonade later, but it won't be much or I will be asleep in the chair again. I worked 60 hours in the past 4 days, and have 24 more tomorrow at work before a few day break.

Reactions: s0me0nesmind1

FirNaTine

Jun 6, 2005
Anyone else here? Had some wine and some captains+caramel vodka+vernors (slightly sweeter cream soda taste compared to just captains+vernors)

Have you tried any mixers with Ginger Sprite? Its got a little sweeter and citrus flavor to it, but also ginger "bite." I like it with decent vodka. As far as Captain are you a 70 proof, 100 proof or Private Stock fan? Lately I have been sticking to the 100 as it gives me a little more flexibility with mixers (I can adjust the rum portion down to maintain overall ABV of the drink.) I find it as smooth or smoother than the 100, and on a cost per drink basis often the best deal of all.

Edit: sorry for separate responses.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Havana Club 7 Year, pretty good Dark Rum. Hey Y'all Hard Iced Tea, it's ok, probably won't buy again.
Rum, ginger beer (not ginger ale) and lime!

For a dark rum I like a navy rum. Doesn't have to be expensive (and definitely not spiced) but dark and strong!

Woods old navy is good.

Reactions: skyking

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
Diet Pepsi & Tito's Vodka for me. I Killed the Evan's Williams Bourbon I had, sorry that I bought the 750ml size. I will be going to Costco tomorrow, and will be buying the 1.5l.

Reactions: FirNaTine

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Margaritas on the rocks tonight. No salt.

Milagro silver, Cointreau, lime juice.

Nov 8, 2012
Of course bby.

Got a 2015 Bruery Cuivre coming in at 16.2% ABV. Not bad, not bad.

Work on one side, personal on the other.
4a2e4da34640f8de2e49137484744b50.jpg

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
Went for some Chamomile+cinnamon+ apple flavored Herbal Tea. Pretty amazing with a touch of honey added in. Best part is my room smells like it for hours, almost a festive smell.

Last edited:

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Craft beer, lots of it.

Due to age/health issues we are staying home. Local breweries have answered this by having drive-by pickup. Call, make you order, give credit card info (don't forget to tip), then show up, open the back hatch from a button on the dash. They load, close hatch, say thanks, and take it home.

Picked up 3 cases of one of my favorite IPAs earlier today.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Went for some Chamomile+cinnamon+ apple flavored Herbal Tea. Pretty amazing with a touch of honey added in. Best part is my room smells like it for hours, almost a festive smell.
I really like an herbal(No, not weed you burnouts!) smell in the air. I've been getting these herbal infusions in a bottle to go with my breakfast sushi at wegmans or sprouts when I shop there, and the flavor reminds me of years ago when I used to frequent herb shops. Kind of nostalgic. The lavender, and the ginger are the best. They're expensive as shit, but ≤week, I can deal with it.

Reactions: mopardude87

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
I really like an herbal(No, not weed you burnouts!) smell in the air. I've been getting these herbal infusions in a bottle to go with my breakfast sushi at wegmans or sprouts when I shop there, and the flavor reminds me of years ago when I used to frequent herb shops. Kind of nostalgic. The lavender, and the ginger are the best. They're expensive as shit, but ≤week, I can deal with it.

Yeah i finished off a old batch of Lavender and chamomile tea, talk about some good sleep. Not sure how but some infuse that lavender with like sage i think and combine it with indica. Talk about insane, yeah these people i know on this group i am with are crafty as heck with herbs. I love these herbs, cause of them my health and everything has improved.

Glad to see someone else is into them, welcome aboard or would it be me being welcomed aboard? Been into these for a few weeks. How about you?

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I wouldn't say I'm /into/ them, and I haven't been drinking herb teas as much as I used to, but I like the natural earthiness of herbs, both as a scent, and to consume like a tea. My first experience was from the late 70s I guess, when I got some lavender and licorice root from a vendor at a German festival. I was still a kid then. Later when I moved out on my own, there was a local herb shop I used to frequent. The woman grew them all herself, and they were laid out in a barely retrofitted barn. Very low key, and pleasant to visit. That was my main shop, but I'd hit others here and there in my travels. Haven't been in a good herb shop in ages though.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I'm about to make my usual Captain and coke zero. Just got back from some surf fishing and caught a baby shark and even though it's tiny, it's still an adrenaline rush lol. I'm at the beach all week so drinking more than usual.