So who else is avoiding these numerous political threads?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kduncan5

Golden Member
Apr 22, 2000
I've been avoiding the political threads because I get enough of a headache just trying to find a d*mned job in my area of expertise without having to relocate to East Bumf*ck.:eek:

(plus I really don't think I'm qualified to debate the issue since I think both candidates suck bigtime.....)

-kd5-

Napalm381

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999

<< Opinion, again? >>

Perhaps. But show me how the majority of the population not voting in the past several elections (voter turnout has been below fifty percent as long as I can remember) has had any effect on the quality of candidates, laws passed by Congress, or anything else. The majority of the population not voting has gotten us Bush and Gore as candidates. You're telling me THAT'S the message voters have been sending for the past several elections. Somehow I don't think that's what they intended.

<< I'm saying if I hate both candidates, what difference will it make to me who wins? >>

Do you pay taxes? Do you use or receive benefits from any sort of government service, such as national defense and Social Security? Safe to say &quot;yes&quot; to both of those questions. Who wins will affect these and many other sectors of the government, regardless of your opinion of the candidate. Your tax rates, your health care, your children's education will all be affected by who wins. I think it's safe to say THAT's not an opinion (unless you're one of those Nader types who complains that both candidates are the same ;) )

Napalm381

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999
Actually we don't agree...that last sentence was HEAVY on the sarcasm. Gore and Bush have different opinions on: taxes, health care, guns, Freedom to Farm, Social Security, affirmative action, and education to name a few. Safe to say you're affected by at least a few of those.

jjm

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
I think not voting is lazy. There are lots more contests and other issues on the ballot requiring attention. One can abstain from voting for President and still participate in the process on the other offices/issues.