So where are Obama's college transcripts?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jan 25, 2011
Read my last line. Either being the critical word there.

So what you ae saying is that he is a right wing lemming, just shitting on the president with nothing to back up his claims simply because he doesn't like the message? That he could have easily supported his lemming like claim by providing proof of that criticism instead of carrying water for dear GOP leaders and following orders to tar and feather the president and anyone who agrees with him?

No, you're right. Your use of the word either was equally as critical of the post in question for being equally baseless for all the same reasons you cited against anyone who questioned it...

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
So what you ae saying is that he is a right wing lemming, just shitting on the president with nothing to back up his claims simply because he doesn't like the message? That he could have easily supported his lemming like claim by providing proof of that criticism instead of carrying water for dear GOP leaders and following orders to tar and feather the president and anyone who agrees with him?

No, you're right. Your use of the word either was equally as critical of the post in question for being equally baseless for all the same reasons you cited against anyone who questioned it...

You are correct, I am saying this. I was also pointing out that two wrongs don't make a right.

Too many threads go like this:

Poster 1 " I think this... (perhaps with reason why not always)"
Poster 2 " You are [sometimes insert insult] and are wrong (almost always without saying why) "
Poster 1 " No you are wrong, [insert insult] "
Poster 2 " No you are wrong, [insert insult] [insert insult] "
Poster 1 " No you... [insert insult] [insert insult] [insert insult]"
Poster 2 " No you ... [insert insult] [insert insult] [insert insult] [insert insult]"
etc, etc, etc, and sometimes with a Poster 3,4,5 getting involved in the [insert insult] bit on both sides of the discussion. In comes a moderator on occasion to crack the whip.

It could have easily have gone like this:

Poster 1 " I think this and here is why "
Poster 2 " I think you are wrong and here is why "
....meaningful and enlightening discussion follow in which both posters can either agree to disagree given no right or wrong answer is obvious or agreeable or it is agreed that one poster was in error and stands corrected. The whole time remaining civil and cordial to one another.

I can't claim innocence either since I have many times been involved in the first scenario. Although I would prefer the second.

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
Onus is on JS80 to back up his claims. He made the claims, he must know the source of his material.

Here, let me break down my statement with facts and what I was able to infer based on those facts.

Fact: Obama got accepted and attended Occidental college
Infer: Obama had shitty grades and SAT score in HS that only allowed him to attend a shitty third rate liberal arts school no one's heard of

Fact: Obama transferred to Columbia from Occidental college
Infer: It is notoriously difficult to transfer colleges (not from community-college), especially notorious (or impossible) to transfer to an Ivy League school, especially from a shitty third rate liberal arts school no one's heard of. Possible explanations: Obama got a 4.0 at Occidental and gave the Columbia admissions personnel all blowjobs or he learned how to take advantage of using his race to get the AA ticket

Fact: Obama did not graduate from Columbia with latin honors
Infer: He probably did not all of a sudden become a studious genius at Occidental. Otherwise he would have graduated with latin honors. Supports AA theory.

Fact: Obama got into HLS.
Infer: He did not get latin honors at Columbia and has no track record of academic success...yet gets into one of the top law schools in the country. Does not have rich parents nor legacy => Affirmative action.

Fact: Obama is editor of HLR
Infer: He has no track record of academic success, and he has sub par writing skills. One can deduce he became the first black editor for the sake of being the first black editor.

etrigan420

Golden Member
Oct 30, 2007
Here, let me break down my statement with facts and what I was able to infer based on those facts.

Infer: Obama had shitty grades and SAT score in HS that only allowed him to attend a shitty third rate liberal arts school no one's heard of

Infer: It is notoriously difficult to transfer colleges (not from community-college), especially notorious (or impossible) to transfer to an Ivy League school, especially from a shitty third rate liberal arts school no one's heard of. Possible explanations: Obama got a 4.0 at Occidental and gave the Columbia admissions personnel all blowjobs or he learned how to take advantage of using his race to get the AA ticket

Infer: He probably did not all of a sudden become a studious genius at Occidental. Otherwise he would have graduated with latin honors. Supports AA theory.

Infer: He did not get latin honors at Columbia and has no track record of academic success...yet gets into one of the top law schools in the country. Does not have rich parents nor legacy => Affirmative action.

Infer: He has no track record of academic success, and he has sub par writing skills. One can deduce he became the first black editor for the sake of being the first black editor.

IOW...you make shit up.

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000

Yep, still making shit up. Maybe you and your birther buddy can come up with something better.

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
Yep, still making shit up. Maybe you and your birther buddy can come up with something better.

I know you aren't talking about me because:

A) I am not his buddy.
B) I am not a birther.

If you were talking about someone else then disregard. If you were in fact referring to me I would love for you to explain that comment.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
JS80 says dumb unsubstantiated shit all the time, don't act surprised when people call him out for his shit. Though I find it especially funny he calls Occidental a "shitty third rate liberal arts school no one's heard of". I suppose if you're from the backwater you've never heard of it and think it's shitty, but most informed people have heard of it and know it's one of the best schools in the country consistently ranking top 50 (37th last year) in college surveys.

Remobz

Platinum Member
Jun 9, 2005

Lay off the crack pipe please!

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
You're illiterate if you think that is what I said. I said nothing about the haters researching JS80's claims. I said that the haters should back up their own claims that what he said isn't true. I'm not defending what he said, I am calling out the naysayers for never backing up their own claims. Some of them of them are hypocrites because they attack him for not backing up his claims while offering nothing in defense of their own claims.

Posters are obligated to back up their own claims, always. JS80 made certain claims that he simply can't back up other than through "inference", obviously based on his own personal bias rather than any facts at all. He admits such, yet still claims to be "Right" while having no real evidence at all.

The real evidence is as follows-

Obama enrolled at Occidental, transferred to Columbia, graduated, then enrolled at Harvard law where he also graduated after serving as president of the Law Review.

Those are facts. JS80's ravings are slanderous innuendo, just another variant of Birtherism.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
JS80 says dumb unsubstantiated shit all the time, don't act surprised when people call him out for his shit. Though I find it especially funny he calls Occidental a "shitty third rate liberal arts school no one's heard of". I suppose if you're from the backwater you've never heard of it and think it's shitty, but most informed people have heard of it and know it's one of the best schools in the country consistently ranking top 50 (37th last year) in college surveys.

I had never heard of it, but then again I have not bothered to look at a lot of colleges. I CLEP'd much of my courses.

EDIT: I think it is a stupid name, though...too close to accidental...reminds me of the TRS-80 with an attached DMP-100 printer. Yeah....you take your trash to the dump...(Tandy Radio Shack and Dot Matrix Printer are what the acronyms stand for, for all those babies here who are not old enough to have use them ;) )

Last edited: