So what would have Gore done different?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

NeoV

Diamond Member
Apr 18, 2000
if anyone thinks that Gore wouldn't have done pretty much the same thing that we did in Afghanistan you really need to ask yourself if you are possibly being objective. Of course we would have invaded.

Iraq? Doubt it.

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001
Originally posted by: arsbanned
If I lived over there being muslim, I'd have 15 different families, so what's one going to hurt

Not in your social strata you wouldn't. You'd have a mongrel dog. :D

I'd prefer to be a goat herder. :)

KK

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Bush's primary reason for taking Saddam out was the attempt on his Dad's life. Remove the personal portion -and the fact that Bush appears to possess a 75 IQ- and voila! No war with Iraq!

This is wrong. Iraq was in violation of at least 2 resolutions that called for the use of force.
You have to be kidding me if you really think Bush went after saddam over that.

The Clinton admin was increasing the regime change rethoric throughout the last two years(1998-2000), so no one can say for sure what Gore would have done hindsight is ALWAYS 20/20.

That is because the US congress passed a resolution calling for a regime change in Iraq. This was passed in 1998.

As for what I think Gore would have done? Probably nothing except talk and we would be no better than we are today. Except the terrorist groups would be stronger because places like Afghanistan would have been left un touched.

You cant talk these people out of killing you. They believe god as sent them here to do it and they have to die trying. Anybody who thinks you can negotiate with a terrorist is being naive.

It doesnt matter but I do know one thing. If Gore was in there the negative press you see today about every thing would be non-existent.

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003
Originally posted by: Genx87
Bush's primary reason for taking Saddam out was the attempt on his Dad's life. Remove the personal portion -and the fact that Bush appears to possess a 75 IQ- and voila! No war with Iraq!

This is wrong. Iraq was in violation of at least 2 resolutions that called for the use of force.
You have to be kidding me if you really think Bush went after saddam over that.

The Clinton admin was increasing the regime change rethoric throughout the last two years(1998-2000), so no one can say for sure what Gore would have done hindsight is ALWAYS 20/20.

That is because the US congress passed a resolution calling for a regime change in Iraq. This was passed in 1998.

As for what I think Gore would have done? Probably nothing except talk and we would be no better than we are today. Except the terrorist groups would be stronger because places like Afghanistan would have been left un touched.

You cant talk these people out of killing you. They believe god as sent them here to do it and they have to die trying. Anybody who thinks you can negotiate with a terrorist is being naive.

It doesnt matter but I do know one thing. If Gore was in there the negative press you see today about every thing would be non-existent.

Uh, last I checked in 1998, republicans balked at the idea of regime change and the democrats pushed for it. Including Clinton and Gore. The only reason the reolution passed was because Clinton supported it.