So what should I know about gas/electrics scooters?

Syringer

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
As noted in my other thread, I'm considering them..and have been looking around for some, ranging from $100-$400.

What exactly should I look for then? I'm preferably looking for something small..something I can bring into class, into stores and all that.

What are the pros/cons of getting either a gas/electric one?

How much should I look at spending, for something that can run up and down hills..and should go at least 15 mph?

vegetation

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2001
First, make sure gas powered ones are even legal to use in your area. Many cities have banned gas scooters.

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Where is your other thread?

Don't get an electric one, batteries suck.. even if they are rechargable. :p Gas all the way!

If you don't want to have to mix oil and gas, find a scooter powered by the Honda GX31 engine.Do not get a friction drive scooter; you won't be able to ride in wet weather and you'll be buying a lot of new rear tires. Chain or belt driven is the way to go.

400$ is not really enough to get a decent one, IMO. One of the best scooters on the market is the BladeZ BigBoy.

My scooter :D

I agree with what vegetation says, make sure they're legal.

Syringer

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Originally posted by: vegetation
First, make sure gas powered ones are even legal to use in your area. Many cities have banned gas scooters.

Yup, I'm pretty sure they are.