So what online games are you young whippersnappers playing these days?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
Originally posted by: neutralizer
America's Army

i'm an old whippersnapper, but i play AA , although i really suck at most of the scenario's except Bridge, i really like playing that one on the defense side :)

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
Originally posted by: Xenon14
For those of you who play it, sniper school addon has been released along with an ingame browser and a lot of goodies like not having to qualify.

i installed the 1.1.1 patch and still can't access the sniper stuff, what is the trick to get it to work?

wonTong

Aug 22, 2001
Originally posted by: Xenon
The greatest game ever made of course, 7 years and counting. If anyone wants to give it a try, just message me in game and I'll show you the ropes.

I'm chaoticsky in game, btw.

||
||
||
\/

Subspace!!!! I haven't played in the longest time.. I played when Chaos West/East was popular. not sure if it's there anymore? Gotta love the leviturrets.

From Subspace I went to Infantry.. If you haven't heard of it yet, it's subspace army style. It should be at sonystation.com. I'm in both games as Mystician..

ChurchOfSubgenius

Platinum Member
Jan 25, 2001
Duke Nukem Forever!!

I'm the only one who has it so it gets kind of boring out there running around with the shrinker looking for mirrors.

Synoptic

Jun 12, 2002
We generally play Counter Strike over the internet. When we are all on the LAN though, we play Empire Earth, Medal of Honor, Jedi Knight 2. etc...

vash

Platinum Member
Feb 13, 2001
Titles being played at home: Counter-Strike, Day of Defeat, Quake3, UT2003.

vash

Xenon14

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
i installed the 1.1.1 patch and still can't access the sniper stuff, what is the trick to get it to work?

You need to go to the first single player training mission (shooting range). You need to get at least 36/40 for your qualification to get an Expert Marksmanship Badge which qualifies you for Sniper school.

Electrode

Diamond Member
May 4, 2001
The game I play the most online is Quake 3. I wish more people would set up plain deathmatch servers, because I don't feel like waiting an hour to download the mod of the day when I want to kill someone.

Hopefully UT2K3 will come out for Linux. If it does, I'll be playing that all the time. :)

DietDrThunder

Platinum Member
Apr 6, 2001
There are 10 of us at work that are hooked on BZFlag. It is a very simplistic tank first person shooter game, but it is very adicting. There are sites all over the world dedicated to this game. It is also Free ware so it won't cost you a dime. Here is a link: www.bzflag.org that you can get started with.

P.S. Oh, and I'm not a young whippersnapper unless you are over 40 years old.

Stark

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2000
MOHAA
AA
JKII
Empire Earth

Do you still need keys to play CS? I'd love to get my co-workers hooked on de_dust.

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Well, awesome!

I have MOHAA and Return To Castle Wolfenstein. I picked up a used copy of Unreal Tournament for 6 bucks at Bookman's!

Any of you guys running a server tonight?

Xenon

Oct 16, 1999
Originally posted by: wonTong
Originally posted by: Xenon
The greatest game ever made of course, 7 years and counting. If anyone wants to give it a try, just message me in game and I'll show you the ropes.

I'm chaoticsky in game, btw.

||
||
||
\/

Subspace!!!! I haven't played in the longest time.. I played when Chaos West/East was popular. not sure if it's there anymore? Gotta love the leviturrets.

From Subspace I went to Infantry.. If you haven't heard of it yet, it's subspace army style. It should be at sonystation.com. I'm in both games as Mystician..

The original VIE servers are long since out of commission, but there are plenty of new zones to choose from. Chaos is still around and still popular. Dueling/league zone, Powerball zone, Hockey zone, Warzone its all there and then some. There's even a army game type zone called groundwarfare. You can even play scrabble, chess, and reversi in game.

Ender

Golden Member
Jul 24, 2001
UT Online (Server, anyone?)

Many other games offline.

I'm also have fun with the EE - Art of Conquest demo.

DanFungus

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2001
I play:

GTA3, JK: Outcast, TFC, CS (rarely anymore..), Aquanox (just got it...kinda funny), TFC, Colin Mcrae Rally 2.0 (except the online multiplayer sucks super @$$), and some more TFC.