So what online games are you young whippersnappers playing these days?

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Warcraft 3 mostly. Some GTA3 (not multiplayer) and some Neverwinter Nights. Also some classic Quake1 when I find the time.

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I need to go shopping this weekend.

Counter Strike is still somewhat popular, right? Maybe I can find it cheap at Hasting's .. .

wnied

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Diablo2 LOD and Day of Defeat half-life mod.

Btw, what the he11 ever happend to TFC2??? That game slipped into developement oblivion quick...Did John Romero lay his hands on it or something?

~wnied~

Jan 9, 2002
I really don't have time to game- have better stuff to be doing. But if Racing Legends really does come out later this year, that will change!

neutralizer

Lifer
Oct 4, 2001
JKII, Dungeon Siege, UT, America's Army

Hmm... i still haven't finished Giants or Max Payne :(

Oh yeah, and building an enormous pool, shoving 8 people in them and then remove any means of getting out. How convenient, the Sims, a place where you can simulate not only life, but death too! :)

Oh yeah, I'm waiting for UT2k3, but Impossible Creatures looks nice too.

fatbaby

Banned
May 7, 2001
Originally posted by: wnied
Diablo2 LOD and Day of Defeat half-life mod.

Btw, what the he11 ever happend to TFC2??? That game slipped into developement oblivion quick...Did John Romero lay his hands on it or something?

~wnied~

Valve Software and friends are creating tf2...unfortunately they got sidetracked into making CS: condition zero, a single player cs mod that costs $$$

Online games us loners play:

team fortress classic
Day of defeat
Counter-strike
neverwinternights
dungeon siege
wc3
d2: lod
eq
baldurs gate 2
daoc
unreal tournament
jedi knight II

Xenon14

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
The one and only: Medal of Honor: Allied Assault

also:

America's Army (Free Full Version Game released by USA Army/your tax money). Very realistic team play, utilizes DirectX engine. you can get it at americasarmy.com
For those of you who play it, sniper school addon has been released along with an ingame browser and a lot of goodies like not having to qualify. And also Aug 22 will be the release date for flight school.

Bunch of yahoo games too.

Skyclad1uhm1

Lifer
Aug 10, 2001
Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Played JK II a while when it was released, but that got boring fast, mostly due to the lack of decent maps, and the easy with which scripts could be abused.

Don't have Neverwinter Nights yet, but plan on buying it.

Kerouactivist

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2001
I'm playing anarchy online at the moment and loving it....

you can pick it up at ebgames right now for $10, with the first month free.

It is great!!!

wfbberzerker

Lifer
Apr 12, 2001
empire earth: age of conquest (beta)
unreal tournament
tribes 2
day of defeat (half-life mod)
diablo 2
dungeon siege
black & white
yahoo pool

Xenon

Oct 16, 1999
The greatest game ever made of course, 7 years and counting. If anyone wants to give it a try, just message me in game and I'll show you the ropes.

I'm chaoticsky in game, btw.

||
||
||
\/

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001
Originally posted by: glen
still love EverQuest

lol EQ is definitely online crack. I have been playing DAoC, Dungeon Siege, Morrowind, and NWN but in the end I always end up back in EQ.

BigJohnKC

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2001
Jedi Knight II. I love dueling, but sometimes it gets old. I'll never tire of picking people up by their necks and dropping them off high places, though. :D