so what happened to Garfield?

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
the cat? I loved him growing up, his comic strip and his tv show...is the tv show on anywhere? How about the comic?

Josh

Lifer
Mar 20, 2000
Garfield isn't what it used to be. I used to have the volumes that had like all the years strips in 'em...but now the comics that run every Sunday aren't as funny or entertaining as they used to be...sad..

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Unlike the creators of The Far Side and Calvin and Hobbes, the creator of Garfield seems to be going the Peanuts route.... still producing more and more material even though he ran out of funny ideas ages ago.

AreaCode707

Lifer
Sep 21, 2001
Originally posted by: DrPizza
Unlike the creators of The Far Side and Calvin and Hobbes, the creator of Garfield seems to be going the Peanuts route.... still producing more and more material even though he ran out of funny ideas ages ago.

That's because he doesn't do his own strips anymore. He has two assistants that do them now.

Chadder007

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: CanOWorms
A Garfield movie is supposedly going to be made... :Q

Yep, I think the last I heard it was live action with a 3d graphics Garfield and Odie. Sorta like Scoobie Doo.... To bad the guy who did his voice died not too long ago. :(

KeyserSoze

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Chadder007

Yep, I think the last I heard it was live action with a 3d graphics Garfield and Odie. Sorta like Scoobie Doo.... To bad the guy who did his voice died not too long ago. :(

Yeah, actually come to think of it, I think I heard this same rumor recently. They were comparing it to something like the "Bullwinkle" movie that came out a few years ago.

KeyserSoze

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
The saturday morning cartoons were great! I would laugh my azz off every weekend. Yeah, the current strip just isn't that funny. Too bad...

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000

Bill Murray died??? :Q :( :(

BigSmooth

Lifer
Aug 18, 2000
Originally posted by: uncJIGGA

Lorenzo Music was the voice of Garfield.

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001

Last I heard they were thinking about making Odie a real dog and Garfield CGI! I think Brekon Meyer (forgot how to spell his name) is supposed to be Garfield's owner :)

Maverick

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2000
Originally posted by: BigSmooth
Originally posted by: uncJIGGA

Lorenzo Music was the voice of Garfield.

I always wanted to know what that guy looked at...are there NO pics of him anywhere?

grrl

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2001
Originally posted by: DrPizza

Like Blondie.

NeoMadHatter

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2000
johntwang.com
they're making a movie for this. live action i believe. jennifer love hewitt is supposed to be in it. garfield will be back on the big screen next year i think.