So what are your plans for the summer?

thereds

Diamond Member
Apr 4, 2000
For the guys/gals that get out of college? work? internships? party?

For the guys/gals already with jobs? I guess we just have to keep working, eh? Anything interesting other than work?

Who's getting married during the summer? Freaking out already? :)

Capn

Platinum Member
Jun 27, 2000
systems engineer working on a new turbine engine for the Abrams tank and crusader mobile howitzer.

thereds

Diamond Member
Apr 4, 2000
Capn - Thats all you are going to be doing for the summer?

Damn!

I hope to go to Six Flags. :D

happykitten - yes, my bad. there you go. now you can answer.

happykitten

Golden Member
Feb 6, 2001
thereds ~ hehehe... thank you very much... *hugs* :)

<< For the guys/gals that get out of college? work? internships? party? >>

All of the above. I'll be working three jobs this summer, modelling on the weekends, swimming to stay in shape so I can join our college's swim team next year, taking latin/ballroom dance lessons, and hopefully getting together *soon* with a couple AT-ers on this board (one guy and one girl... you know who you are ;) ).

Busy but loving it,
~kitten >^.^<

Jothaxe

Golden Member
Apr 5, 2001
I am going to have a few jobs this summer.

First, I am going to be researching in the vision lab on campus, working on recognition models that can be implented in Ford's cars (they hope in the next few year.) This doesnt pay well, but the research experience is good, and the connections are nice.

Second, I will consult as a patent analyst for an intellectual property trading corporation. This pays really well, but isnt too interesting or challenging.

Third, I will work as a private tutor, only a few hours a week. Mainly I just enjoy doing this, especially when I get to work with motivated students.

Also, I will try to play as much basketball as possible, because the season starts in October, and I want to be in the best shape possible.

Overall though, I will just be relaxing compared to the school year, which has been very stressful.

thereds

Diamond Member
Apr 4, 2000
No problem, happykitten. You're gonna be one busy busy gal.

Jothaxe - man, you too. busy busy!

Jothaxe

Golden Member
Apr 5, 2001

<< swimming to stay in shape so I can join our college's swim team next year >>

Wow kitten, that sounds great!

Do you know what events you are most competitive in?

thereds

Diamond Member
Apr 4, 2000
I suppose. Haven't really chalked out a summer plan as of yet. Its probably going to be just work for me and if time permits then and only then go to Six Flags.

If I had all my papers ready, I'd probably go to the Carribbean but they won't be ready so I prolly won't be going there.

Not much fun for me. :)

iamfried

Jan 28, 2001
I am quiting my job this month to enjoy the summer here in San Diego. (trasfer to UCSD this fall)
Maybe I will see some of you since I live where people vacation. (Very nice btw)
But to answer, I am going to Vegas, white water rafting (Memorial day weekend), the Grand Canyon, Baja, and of course, all of the beaches here in San Diego.
See ya there.

PhaZe

Platinum Member
Dec 13, 1999
hopefully get out more now that my favorite railwar servers are gone for good
no more quakin :(

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
School.

CS 3230 Internet Multimedia Services
CS 4740 Firewall Security

After these I'm down to about 4 classes until I BS! :)

amish

happykitten

Golden Member
Feb 6, 2001
Jothaxe ~ such a busy, busy lion... :p !!!

<< Do you know what events you are most competitive in? >>

50 and 100 Freestyle
50 and 100 Backstroke

My breastroke sucks and my butterfly is weak, but I'm working on them! The coach saw me splashing around last semester during my swim conditioning class, and asked me if I'd be interested in joining the team next year. I am, but I don't know if I'll have time to do it (with 2 jobs, modelling, debate team, and 23 credits). >o_O<

I'm done with work (job #1, anyway) now and am going to go swim for an hour... hope you have a great day, take care and I'll talk to you later... :)

Off to play in the pool,
~kitten >^.^<

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
I'm gonna work alot. I owe my dad about $1600 so I've gotta pay him back. I'm also hoping to lose about 40lbs by the end of the summer, but then rebuild about 20 of that into muscle. (I wanna end up at about 200lbs, but with a six pack). Also I got a season pass to Six Flags so I'll be there alot. And hopefully a road trip somewhere, I don't even care where, I need to get outta town.

And with any luck somewhere in there I'll get laid.

Webbed

Jan 27, 2000
two words -- tennis, volleyball
here's one more -- beach

hehe

oh, and another one -- alcohol

ecrespol

Jun 28, 2000
Dailey routine:

M-F:
5am wake up
5:48am catch train
7:40 get to work
12ish Lunch
5:45ish Catch train home
7:30 arrive home
8p Go to the gym
12a Go to sleep (or at least try)

Weekend:
Catch up on sleep

I know that is more than anyone wanted to know, but too bad...