So, what are we playing right now?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Debating whether to buy the Homewotld remasters or Cyberpunk. I never really got into rpg but I did enjoy rts back in the day

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
Currently I am playing World of Tanks (as I have for 6 years).

For single player games I am about 80% through Rise of the Tomb Raider. Got it on the summer steam sale, really enjoying it. A nice improvement over Tomb Raider 2013, which was also good.

And I am also playing Baldur's Gate 3. Which is early access.

I had a hard time picking which I liked more between TR 2013 and ROTR. Too bad Shadow of the Tomb Raider isn't supposed to be nearly as good, as I loved those first two in the reboot. I think I heard it sold like crap too so probably won't see another for a while.

Conan's review of Tomb Raider 2013 killed me

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I had a hard time picking which I liked more between TR 2013 and ROTR. Too bad Shadow of the Tomb Raider isn't supposed to be nearly as good, as I loved those first two in the reboot. I think I heard it sold like crap too so probably won't see another for a while.

Now go and find the video clip(s) for when Camilla Luddington was a guest on the show. :D

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010

One of the things I like more about ROTR is that they went away from quick time events, which I hate. And I think some of the puzzles are better. Although none of them are as difficult as I might like. But I enjoyed both games. I will pick up shadow when it gets a big discount. But Shadow did sell pretty well, and it has very good reviews on steam.

Reactions: zinfamous

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
One of the things I like more about ROTR is that they went away from quick time events, which I hate. And I think some of the puzzles are better. Although none of them are as difficult as I might like. But I enjoyed both games. I will pick up shadow when it gets a big discount. But Shadow did sell pretty well, and it has very good reviews on steam.

IIRC, Shadow was released in "super broken state" and got a huge, massive stink from players and reviewers when it first released, and that tainted the perception.

I haven't played it yet myself (it has some weird classification in steam, where you don't actually see it advertised as a game they can sell, and I never see it on discount there?...).

But I did enjoy the previous 2 and like you said with the sequel, no more QT events.

Reactions: Stuka87

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
I'm not actually playing it because I don't have time for a 50-100+ hour game but I've been watching a stream of Yakuza Like a Dragon and damn, that's GOTY material there.

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
IIRC, Shadow was released in "super broken state" and got a huge, massive stink from players and reviewers when it first released, and that tainted the perception.

I haven't played it yet myself (it has some weird classification in steam, where you don't actually see it advertised as a game they can sell, and I never see it on discount there?...).

But I did enjoy the previous 2 and like you said with the sequel, no more QT events.

They only sell it as the definitive addition now, which includes like every single DLC there is.

But I won't pay $60 for it. I can wait for it to go down. I payed $10 for 2013, and I think $15 for Rise.

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
They only sell it as the definitive addition now, which includes like every single DLC there is.

But I won't pay $60 for it. I can wait for it to go down. I payed $10 for 2013, and I think $15 for Rise.

Shadow was $12 for a Steam key from GMG the other day, I picked it up even though I wasn't that big of a fan of Rise. So it's getting down there.

Reactions: Stuka87