So what are the best android apps?

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

aranatecharete

Dec 22, 2014
The Best Apps for android are: Horizon, Duolingo Test Center, Polaris Office, Yummly Recipes and Grocery , Shopping List, Carousel by Dropbox, Uber, BuzzFeed, Google Camera, Offtime, Lumosity, Telegram, , Mailbox by Dropbox, Muzei, Beats Music, Nokia HERE, Yahoo News Digest, Yahoo Weather,.........etc :rolleyes:

PatrickScott

Oct 22, 2014
I would like to suggest some games. Since you are looking for a game best android apps, I would like to share with you some game apps that is installed in my mobile phone. One of them is Crusader's Quest, Legion of heroes, Second Earth, (looks like Clash of Clans), Pocketales (RPG and Farming Simulation in one), and Don't Drop that Tiles. All of this games I installed is sooooo cool. But what like most in my installed game is Crusader's Quest. I do really like the rest of the game. It runs through a 8-bit mode graphics... Looks like the game super mario during 90's. I like the game play and the story frame.

Last edited:

luv2liv

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
what's a good app for biking/running?
basically, i like to know ave speed, max speed, and distance. dont really fancy data like maps and where i've been.

PricklyPete

Lifer
Sep 17, 2002
what's a good app for biking/running?
basically, i like to know ave speed, max speed, and distance. dont really fancy data like maps and where i've been.

Strava. Free, is great for running and biking. Has a great social/goals features if you want to use that aspect.

Lawrence0026

Banned
Oct 22, 2014
New, brilliant, and dazzling are just some of the words ... that don't come to mind when I see the spam techniques being used. -Admin DrPizza

Last edited by a moderator:

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
HELP!

Got my mom a cheap tablet and she wants to use it as a digital picture frame. The Gallery app changes photos every two seconds. Is there a good slideshow app that lets you choose longer durations like 30 minutes, a couple hours, and so forth?

Even better would be something that automatically shuts off the screen at a certain time each night.

Oct 25, 2006
HELP!

Got my mom a cheap tablet and she wants to use it as a digital picture frame. The Gallery app changes photos every two seconds. Is there a good slideshow app that lets you choose longer durations like 30 minutes, a couple hours, and so forth?

Even better would be something that automatically shuts off the screen at a certain time each night.

Muzei with a blank launcher screen?
As for the screen, could possibly use tasker to manage screen behavior.

game_boy

Jan 29, 2015
I'm kind of a game freak :D so I can speak about gaming apps only. For me Asphalt and angry birds transformers are the best in 2014. However, I look for upcoming android games in 2015 and I found out that a new NFS called No limits will be released late this year. I think it this game will be dope and probably the best android gaming app of 2015

Robshe

Apr 6, 2015
Most useful and free applications for Android devices

avast! Mobile Security & Antivirus
Calorie Counter - MyFitnessPal
Any.do
WhatsApp Messenger
Pocket
Camera360 Ultimate
SwiftKey Keyboard + Emoji
VLC for Android
Expensify - Expense Reports

luv2liv

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
need an app to take photos every time motion is detected, then save photos in the phones.
i've tried apps such as "Salient Eye" but the apps wont save on phone, it wants to upload to emails/sms/dropbox. cool features, but there is no internet anywhere in grandmom's house.

any idea?

shimpster

Jul 5, 2007
Castro
Castro an application for your smartphone or tablet, that shows you all general information about your device.

Main features:
- Information about CPU
- Battery status and temperature
- Information about mobile network and Wi-Fi
- General information about device
- Monitoring of RAM and internal memory

The app is frequently updating and gets newer functions that you are able to suggest/offer us.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.itemstudio.castro

looper

Golden Member
Oct 22, 1999
Just wanted to say that this is a useful thread.
Got my first smartphone lately, and by reading the thread I was able to get a ton of ideas of what kind of apps to install.

Same here, just got N6 @ 4 days ago.... awesome thread for me too.

Thanks, everyone.

Steve2015

Jan 2, 2015
Recently heard about an app its quite cool named The Light App . It claims to be the world's first NLP powered answering engine. Its quite helpful as it saves much of my time which I spend on the net searching for answers which i dont know. It basically gives usable answers to any of our questions which we want answers to, it acts like your personal expert in your pocket check out the app in action here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fC7aIpSdz0o