So this is my second time flying. Ever.

mh47g

May 25, 2007
This sucks. A lot. Came down to Pensacola, Florida for a wedding and everything was going well. That is, until we woke up this morning (3:30a CST) and got to the airport. Our flight to Ft. Worth, TX was delayed 3 hours and our flight from Ft. Worth to Philly was cancelled. So now I'm waiting for a flight that's going to Chicago, and it was just delayed an hour and 15 minutes or so... Now I can only hope that I will be lucky enough to catch the connecting flight from Chicago to Philly (if everything else is on time, I will have about 10 minutes).

It looks like it is about to pour and my morale is super low right now. It wouldn't suck as much if I didn't have work tomorrow, or school on tuesday (at this point I have no idea what to expect)...

Anyone have any soothing words or words of wisdom??

erikistired

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2000
and so you jumped on anandtech.

i HATE flying into texas, it seems like there is always bad weather when i do.

mh47g

May 25, 2007
Originally posted by: fisher

I'm sitting here in the airport doing a lot of different things... IRC, AIM, but no one has the combined wisdom like AnandTech.

erikistired

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2000
Originally posted by: mh47g

I'm sitting here in the airport doing a lot of different things... IRC, AIM, but no one has the combined wisdom like AnandTech.
combined something for sure. tell the airline you need some free booze.

Pepsi90919

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: mh47g

combined something for sure. tell the airline you need some free booze.
i just now got the correlation between your handle and your avatar.

OulOat

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2002
When flights are cancelled, you don't have to stick with the airline. You can request to be put on any of the legacy airlines. I'm guessing you are flying with American, since their biggest hub is in DFW. I recommend that you take them to ORD, since they have a flight every hour between the two hubs. Once there, if it looks like the ORD-PHL flight will be cancelled (either straight out or it's getting really late) or they put you on standby, you can request to be put on a United flight. Most flights are zeroed out right now, but UA 330 and UA 856 have a little availability, UA 470 has a lot but gets in at midnight. If the agent refuses to do so, say thanks and move on to another agent. Any agent can help you, so look for one that isn't busy.

I suggest enjoying your time at the airport. Walk around, explore. ORD has dinosaur skeletons in T2.

ASK THE COMMUNITY