So the Trumps must testify under oath...

Will Trump tell the truth or..

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • 5th Ammendment

Votes: 25 69.4%

• Total voters

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Trump, Trump Jr., and Ivanka gotta testify under oath Friday.

But will they tell the truth, especially in Trump's case. I personally don't think he is actually capable of being honest.

Reactions: JimKiler

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Trump will use this to put him back in the game… He will go off on one of his rants, say on border and gas prices, and when someone cuts his mic he’ll walk out. He might use the scene to announce his 2024 run and hope Garland is watching.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
He'll be surviving in the shades of grey where lies and truths have no chance of being either back or white, like so many other conservative politicians do when being questioned under oath. He'll slip and slide, juke here, dodge there and take the 5th when he's cornered. The guy is a slimy slippery eel, practiced in the art of being illusive, even obtuse if his act calls for it. Trying to corner him and pin him down with facts will be on his part a show full of denials, projection, vulgar personal attacks and full of snide remarks to throw off his accusers.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
I imagine they will plead the 5th but maybe trump will have a "few good men" moment.
At least since it's a civil trial, pleasing the 5th can be taken negative-outcome

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
I do not believe Trump himself can survive actually being allowed to talk in a courtroom. Like even in something unrelated, like someone got stabbed on the moon, he'd find some way to incriminate himself. He's too stupid to talk without lying.

Tsinni Dave

Mar 1, 2022
Up to $3,955 for a ticket to hang out with that crowd at a Trump rally. Ugh.

Under oath should show whether he can still hold his shit together or not. Too bad it's not Rudy advising him.

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
The trumps will tell a mixture of all 3. The truths will he half, the lies will be full on pants on fire, the 5ths will be abundant
I'm thinking Ivanka will mostly tell the truth or say she doesn't know about things. She already testified before the Jan. 6 committee, so the 5th is mostly out anyway.

Trump Jr. will be 5th all the way. Edit: And that means Trump will have no leverage with Hunter Biden accusations anymore.

Trump is between a rock and a hard place. Plead the 5th once and he'll never be elected again. So, either he'll perjure himself, or

There'll be so much "I don't recall" that conservatives will be rushing to post on the Internet about how Joe Biden has dementia.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
Trump is between a rock and a hard place. Plead the 5th once and he'll never be elected again.

Nope, sorry, but this is completely wrong. Trump fanatics have proven that they couldn't give two shits what he says and does as long as they perceive him 'owning the libs'. It doesn't matter whether he's completely contradicted himself in no uncertain terms.

I think the only way (other than the legal route e.g. a conviction bars him from running again) that Trump could possibly toast his re-election chances would be if he bargained for leniency in court and sold out everyone around him to avoid prison. However, given how fanatical his supporters are, to guarantee his supporters abandoning him would also require him to do something like this:

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I am telling you, he is gonna use this platform to announce he is running 2024

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Trump, Trump Jr., and Ivanka gotta testify under oath Friday.

But will they tell the truth, especially in Trump's case. I personally don't think he is actually capable of being honest.

With their "upbringing" I don't think the children really think lying is wrong.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I'm thinking Ivanka will mostly tell the truth or say she doesn't know about things. She already testified before the Jan. 6 committee, so the 5th is mostly out anyway.

Trump Jr. will be 5th all the way. Edit: And that means Trump will have no leverage with Hunter Biden accusations anymore.

Trump is between a rock and a hard place. Plead the 5th once and he'll never be elected again. So, either he'll perjure himself, or
You actually think Trump cultists care if he takes the fifth.

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
You actually think Trump cultists care if he takes the fifth.
I failed to account (heh!) for what the charges are. This is just about money business, not any other kind of monkey business. Yeah, he might get away with the fifth here.

It would still make it hard for him to ever be elected to anything again, though - it only takes a small portion of Trump cultists leaving to prevent that. Which is good whatever happens.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
With no morals and ethics in the way of their escaping culpability and accountability via the use of every malicious scheme and ploy at their disposal, the Trumps will survive this grilling based purely on the support they receive from the cult following they've managed to surround themselves with. It really doesn't matter how badly the Trump family's reputation and standing on the world stage gets because it's already horribly stained from Trump's disastrous tenure in office and his children's hugely profitable nepotistic escapades around the world.

That family will go down in history as the epitome of what affluenza can do to people who use their wealth to flaunt their disregard for and immunity from the laws of the land.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
With no morals and ethics in the way of their escaping culpability and accountability via the use of every malicious scheme and ploy at their disposal, the Trumps will survive this grilling based purely on the support they receive from the cult following they've managed to surround themselves with. It really doesn't matter how badly the Trump family's reputation and standing on the world stage gets because it's already horribly stained from Trump's disastrous tenure in office and his children's hugely profitable nepotistic escapades around the world.

That family will go down in history as the epitome of what affluenza can do to people who use their wealth to flaunt their disregard for and immunity from the laws of the land.
But, Hunter.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Nope, sorry, but this is completely wrong. Trump fanatics have proven that they couldn't give two shits what he says and does as long as they perceive him 'owning the libs'. It doesn't matter whether he's completely contradicted himself in no uncertain terms.

I think the only way (other than the legal route e.g. a conviction bars him from running again) that Trump could possibly toast his re-election chances would be if he bargained for leniency in court and sold out everyone around him to avoid prison. However, given how fanatical his supporters are, to guarantee his supporters abandoning him would also require him to do something like this:

I think the Trump cult has evolved to the point that being a pathological lying misogynistic ass with a 3rd grade vocabulary is actually an asset.

Last edited: