So PSAT semifinalist results came in

Nov 3, 2004
Now, my goal is to be a finalist (need to turn in a form including transcript+SAT I+essay+extraneous info) and then money money money!!!

dfi

Golden Member
Apr 20, 2001
Good luck. I was a finalist and I don't recall getting much money.

amol

Lifer
Jul 8, 2001
:cookie:

I blew off my PSATs. I probably should have tried. Oh well, I got a good enough score on the SAT I.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Do they know you're 37 years old?

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
I'm sure many people on this board did very well on the PSATs, including me...doesn't mean squat, but it's still fun I guess. Good luck.

inveterate

Golden Member
Mar 1, 2005
Originally posted by: EvilYoda
I'm sure many people on this board did very well on the PSATs, including me...doesn't mean squat, but it's still fun I guess. Good luck.

Wtf? FUN??

hey man i got like a 0 on the psat, and a 2400 on the real one. and i still didn't get into any good schools. u know why,, cuz the man FEARS azn powerr

Nov 3, 2004
Originally posted by: inveterate

Wtf? FUN??

hey man i got like a 0 on the psat, and a 2400 on the real one. and i still didn't get into any good schools. u know why,, cuz the man FEARS azn powerr

If you're actually serious, I think I can tell why you didn't get in...

newmachineoverlord

Jan 22, 2006
Congratulations. FYI, most of the scholarships you can get from being a national merit scholar are contingent upon naming a particular institution as your first choice (helps their statistics I guess). This means you have to choose which university to go to far in advance of everyone else. Good luck, and I suggest you weigh the availability of full scholarships heavily in your decision, but try to get as much info as you can to help you decide between the different fully funded offers. My graduating class had 21 national merit semifinalists. I'm not sure how many of the others in my class ended up being Merit Scholars, but it's something you can keep on your resume forever.

tk149

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2002
Congratulations!

I was named a NM Finalist, but that year our wonderful governor eliminated the financial rewards. :(

badmouse

Platinum Member
Dec 3, 2003
Money? There was money involved? I didn't get any.

Congrats on being a good test taker. :beer:

inveterate

Golden Member
Mar 1, 2005
Originally posted by: IAteYourMother

Wtf? FUN??

Why, cuz I don't fear the MAN, being oppressively jealous white devil Gov ?? LOL

nah, ur not that bad, but i sense a tremble in ur voice

sinucus

Feb 3, 2004
you get money for taking the SAT's now? Jeez, when I was a kid I had to pay THEM!

veggz

Banned
Jan 3, 2005
Originally posted by: IAteYourMother

Wtf? FUN??

Why, cuz I don't fear the MAN, being oppressively jealous white devil Gov ?? LOL

nah, ur not that bad, but i sense a tremble in ur voice

I can hardly understand what you are saying, but regardless, what do you mean by no good schools? By Asian standards would that only include Harvard Princeton and Yale?