So, my mom got her 2005 Mustang

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SilentVixen

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2004
Originally posted by: Insane3D
Being a Mustang guy, I just can't like this body style no matter how hard I try. Every one I've seen in person turns me off. Oh well, I know I'm in the minority...

That being said...this one linked above is probably the only one that I've seen that looks remotely decent...mainly because they got rid of those god awful rims they come with...

http://www.v6mustangstuff.com/images/Dougs05GT.jpg

yeah, we all hated those POS things! Had to pay more $$, but looks much better

KokomoGSTmp

Aug 29, 2004
Hehe, so the Mustang is already a "chick car"... ;)

My boss ordered a red GT Coupe with the 5spd about a month ago. Ick, another Ford in the parking lot...

Automatic transmissions were originally marketed to women anywho, the whole clutch thing was considered "unlady-like" back in the day. Auto trans may be better for 1/4mile runs, but you still can't beat a 5spd for real driving fun... and of course... shens. :D

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
I would bet good money she's divorced, right? I know a woman who bought an S2000 and my first thought was "divorced". I was right. Just an observation I made. I would do the same kind of thing if I got divorced!

Nice car...I'm leaning away from black stripes, btw.

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
Originally posted by: Scarpozzi
She should get white racing stripes.....

That's what I was going to post as well. Blue is already a dark color. Black stripes won't be very visible. I'd go with white.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Originally posted by: FrankyJunior
Originally posted by: Scarpozzi
She should get white racing stripes.....

That's what I was going to post as well. Blue is already a dark color. Black stripes won't be very visible. I'd go with white.

SaturnX

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2000
Nice car, but I can't stand the headlights... damn they're ugly.. I honestly prefer the older variations of the mustang...

--Mark

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
Originally posted by: SaturnX
Nice car, but I can't stand the headlights... damn they're ugly.. I honestly prefer the older variations of the mustang...

--Mark

Wow, I thought I was the only one...now there are two of us! ;)

Aharami

Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: Joemonkey
Originally posted by: V00DOO
I like the new mustang but there is too much gap between the wheel and the fender.

is my sarcasm meter broken? Maybe 2 inches or so?

has this one been lowered? almost no space

Are you saying it's flared out too much and tires need to be wider?

1. that looks more than 2 inches. car is too high. i think it needs to be lowered to a 2 or three finger gap
2. cannot see. pic refusing to load
3.you can always use spacers to make the wheels flush with the fenders