So, my dad asked me an interesting question today...

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
backstory..

about a month ago, we were down in Wilmington NC at a cousins wedding, everyone was going to a bar, and im 20.. 21 to enter, my bro, and 2 cousins were the only ppl not going, and they are <=16 y.o.

so i asked my cousin to borrow his ID (he is 30, but looks very similar, and his photo is blurry) and i let my parents know that as well... they didnt mind... and i got into the bar, and was drinkin with them, etc.

so today....

my dad asks me
"Do you have a fake I.D."

im like, no, why?
well, a few of us were planning on going to the bars after the Football game on Fri, and if you had one, you coulda come...

i was like... wtf... my dad just asked me if i had a fake?? and wanted me to use it with him if i did?

Ika

Lifer
Mar 22, 2006
:thumbsup: for a cool dad. maybe too cool, though.

what does the backstory have to do with the story, though?

bubbadu

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2001
Haha thats funny.

Reminds me of a similar situation... for the fourth of july we all went to lake george in NY. If we were out and ordering a drink, my dad would ALWAYS tell the bartender or waitress, "THESE ARE MY TWO SONS!", except my brother had his fraterity brothers ID so his and my last names are completely different. No one said a word the whole vactation. :p

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
Originally posted by: Aflac
:thumbsup: for a cool dad. maybe too cool, though.

what does the backstory have to do with the story, though?

that was like the first time i had drank with him, and the "fake" ID part was used...

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
Originally posted by: LoKe
Not like it's a big idea. Your dad will be there.

trust me, he isnt the type that just has one beer... nor is anyone else they drink with.

Whisper

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2000
Originally posted by: daveymark
Originally posted by: moshquerade
cool, dad can bail you out too.

seriously, getting caught will suck.

it'll suck worse for the bar.

If he uses a fake, I'd think generally they would place the blame on the individual, not the establishment. Now if they didn't card him, THEN they'd be in some deep s***.