So it turns out that Chris Kyle is....

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Humpy

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2011
Did you read the OP? Stating "Chris Kyle is dead... Good." can only be taken one way. And, it certainly isn't "I'm anything but glad this guy is dead."

I did read the OP. It was dumb. :)

Even worse though is that "Chris Kyle is dead... Good." was exaggerated into "He is pleased that the man was murdered." which other idiots then grab a hold of and exaggerate again, fueling the ridiculous petty bickering that happens in P&N. The lovely ATOT doesn't need to be tarnished like this.

That that stupid fuck boomerang thinks any of his shit slinging flies over anyone's head is hilariously sad. All of this over a movie targeted to attract easily swayed, over-emotional goons.

JimKiler

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2002
like CPA said. the parts of the military were confirmed. The other parts? yeah..take with a grain of salt...

IF anyone sat on the super dome and shot 30 people it would have been in the news..

In the news like all the rapes and murders that happened in the superdome during the Hurricane? The news feed us all the gossip without ever fact checking anything or issuing a correction.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
In the news like all the rapes and murders that happened in the superdome during the Hurricane? The news feed us all the gossip without ever fact checking anything or issuing a correction.

I wouldn't be surprised if far more than 30 people were killed during the looting of Katrina. I wouldn't necessarily account them all to Kyle though.

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
I did read the OP. It was dumb. :)

Even worse though is that "Chris Kyle is dead... Good." was exaggerated into "He is pleased that the man was murdered." which other idiots then grab a hold of and exaggerate again, fueling the ridiculous petty bickering that happens in P&N. The lovely ATOT doesn't need to be tarnished like this.

That that stupid fuck boomerang thinks any of his shit slinging flies over anyone's head is hilariously sad. All of this over a movie targeted to attract easily swayed, over-emotional goons.

The both of you are taking it completely out of context and it become its own argument. I for one, don't think the OP said he was glad he was murdered since he probably didn't know, however I am still wrapping my head around why he likes he is dead.

Humpy

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2011
The both of you are taking it completely out of context and it become its own argument. I for one, don't think the OP said he was glad he was murdered since he probably didn't know, however I am still wrapping my head around why he likes he is dead.

Really, it was more of an aside than out of context. Perhaps even just a footnote.

Unless it's a Mayne thread, I rarely understand the context anyways. I just jump in with a quick outburst, flail my arms a little, and hope for the best.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
I keep going back and forth on whether or not I want to see this movie. A good friend of mine saw it over the weekend and he said he liked it very much and recommended I see it.
You know, I'm a pretty big fan of Clint Eastwood. His performances are usually a little wooden, but he's a pretty good storyteller. I haven't seen all of his movies and I don't intend to, I'm not that big of a fan. He's not a young guy anymore and when he's gone, I think a big hole will be left. Some of his movies he even wrote the music for. He's very talented on various levels but somewhat low key unless of course you dig into his personal life which is a mess, but of course he can afford the mess.

Having said all that, I didn't think the movie was all that great.

z1ggy

Lifer
May 17, 2008
Just watched American Sniper, ands about to read the book soon, too.

I do imagine that CK had a ton of PTSD, just like war vets returning from any other war throughout American history. I think though his was likely particularly bad, just due to the sheer number of people he killed, and saw through his scope. It probably takes a burden on any man to watch a few hundred people get mowed down, regardless of the fact that "it's their job" to do so.

He seemed to be trying to do some good with his life and help others once he retired.