So I'm pissed right now...

Rent

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2000
As I was heading home today, I was rear ended. Started in the left lane, needed to get over, so I got over into the center lane. Lady behind me in her BMW follows. Traffic slows down suddenly, I'm able to slow down without any issue, but she wasn't paying attention and tags me.

Pictures of the casuality.

;cry;
Great...
Damnit
More

We were both fine, I can't feel any whiplash or anything right now, but I'm sure it will set in sometime tomorrow. Her car looked much worse than mine, crushing her left front headlight, bending her hood, fender, ect... I'd say she probably hit me at 20-25mph

No pics of her car, and NO pics of her. Took these like 10 minutes ago as I got home. Now I get the deal with insurance.. this sucks :|

/rant

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
The only damage was to the bumper? That's not so bad. (still annoying though)

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
Since I'm sure you called the police to come writ eup an official report like you should do any time you are in an accident... You should have nothing to worry about. Being rear ended is usually the easiest thing to do because it's always the person in back's fault. Just contact her Ins Co and see wha tyou have to do to get it fixed up.

JackRipper

Apr 8, 2002
Yup... not so bad.. glad ur okay...

1. Should report her insurance company not urs (unless her insurance company is uncooperative...) ur insurance company does not need to know... if they get involved
whether u are right or wrong they can jack up ur insurance later or not give u
discounts later. Tell them you got rear ended b their client... dont show any weakness in ur statements or they will prey on u... if u have injuries state them...

2. Should go see a doctor.

On the brighter side... ur damages can range from $600 - $1000. You have a right to
choose where it gets repaired and where you get ur estimates. You also can claim for
care rental during that time.

Medically wise... u could get ur bills paid for and maybe 4-6k in settlements depending on how severe the injury (and how good ur lawyer is).

neway goodluck!

-JR

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I disagree.

MOST people should not drive.
I also believe that everyone should have to retake the drivers test every 10 years.

But most states need the money that comes from tickets.

Rent

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2000
Originally posted by: mugs
The only damage was to the bumper? That's not so bad. (still annoying though)

Thats as much as I can see. Taking car in tomorrow to a few places to find out if anything is more jacked than I can tell.

Rent

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2000
Originally posted by: JackRipper
Yup... not so bad.. glad ur okay...

1. Should report her insurance company not urs (unless her insurance company is uncooperative...) ur insurance company does not need to know... if they get involved
whether u are right or wrong they can jack up ur insurance later or not give u
discounts later. Tell them you got rear ended b their client... dont show any weakness in ur statements or they will prey on u... if u have injuries state them...

2. Should go see a doctor.

On the brighter side... ur damages can range from $600 - $1000. You have a right to
choose where it gets repaired and where you get ur estimates. You also can claim for
care rental during that time.

Medically wise... u could get ur bills paid for and maybe 4-6k in settlements depending on how severe the injury (and how good ur lawyer is).

neway goodluck!

-JR

Yeah, I called my ins cause I wanted to have one of their "authorized" places look at it. Once I get a quote from their inhouse, I'll probably cancel out any claim I had.

Her insurance is accepting full responsibility, no signs of fighthing me at this point. If I start feeling sh!tty, I'll go to a doc right away.

randomlinh

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
linh.wordpress.com
heh, i feel your pain. this happened to me a month and a half or so. While you can't see it, and i forgot to take pics.. the rear wheel well had been bondo'd by the previous owner.. completely crumpled.

while I'm now heavily in debt, I will at least enjoy it.. Granted, this happened last week...

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
A love tap. Judging from the damage, she probably hit you at 5-10 mph, no more. If it had been 20-25 mph, your car would have much more severely damaged (possibly totaled) and you would probably be in the hospital. Repairs will probably be in the $1k range -- new bumper skirt with paint, maybe some bumper damage under the skirt.
I don't know how Texas works, but as you were clearly not at fault this should not affect your insurance rates.

Rent

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2000
Originally posted by: lnguyen
heh, i feel your pain. this happened to me a month and a half or so. While you can't see it, and i forgot to take pics.. the rear wheel well had been bondo'd by the previous owner.. completely crumpled.

while I'm now heavily in debt, I will at least enjoy it.. Granted, this happened last week...

I had to replace 1 of my tires 2 months ago because it had 4 fvcking nails in it. Sorry to hear about your wreck, hope you're feeling alright.

tfinch2

Lifer
Feb 3, 2004
Originally posted by: Vic
A love tap. Judging from the damage, she probably hit you at 5-10 mph, no more. If it had been 20-25 mph, your car would have much more severely damaged (possibly totaled) and you would probably be in the hospital. Repairs will probably be in the $1k range -- new bumper skirt with paint, maybe some bumper damage under the skirt.
I don't know how Texas works, but as you were clearly not at fault this should not affect your insurance rates.

In Texas it won't affect his insurance rates. I was expecting major damage though. Those don't look too bad. Judging from the pics less than $1000 in repairs.

Rent

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2000

I didn't stand on my brakes when she hit me which is the only reason there isn't any more damage. If my car was stopped and she hit me at 20-25mph, yeah, there would be some major damage, but we were both moving, I just stopped much faster than she could react.

Just have to wait now to see what the estimates are.

Sluggo

Lifer
Jun 12, 2000
Originally posted by: Rent

I didn't stand on my brakes when she hit me which is the only reason there isn't any more damage. If my car was stopped and she hit me at 20-25mph, yeah, there would be some major damage, but we were both moving, I just stopped much faster than she could react.

Traffic slows down suddenly, I'm able to stop without any issue...

In the OP you claim you were stopped...what really happened? You backed into a pole didnt you? ;)

Rent

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2000
Originally posted by: Sluggo
Originally posted by: Rent

Traffic slows down suddenly, I'm able to stop without any issue...

In the OP you claim you were stopped...what really happened? You backed into a pole didnt you? ;)

Yeah, a pole that somehow managed to make a paint scrape across my entire bumper and put a hole in it.

I was still moving, guess I should change my wording to "slow down without issue" ;x

edi sucks

Apr 14, 2005
hmm it doesn't seem that bad..i actually bought my car in texas and drove it to nj, but 1 week before i flew down there to drive it here (it was already paid for and sitting in my parents driveway) a drunk girl somehow managed to slam into it @ 1am IN FRONT OF A COP.

She caused $2300 worth of damages, her insurance company wasn't cooperating so I went through my insurance company, paid the $500 deductable, but because she now has an attorney and is disputing everything (wtf...she was drunk, hit a parked car, in front of a friggin cop) i'll have to wait for a few months till I get that $500 back...not a big deal, but $500 is $500....

my point? female drivers in texas suck. they're also not very good at driving. :)