So if you drop dead. How have you arranged for ATOT to know about it?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
Originally posted by: CrackRabbit
Eh no one would miss me, what would be the point.

That's what I was thinking too... About me, not about you. But I don't know you so I guess about you too... ;)

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I have it in my will to grant ATOT full power of attorney, and to continue posting in my name after I'm gone...however, youse'll have to find your own dammed pic to enter for the "Sexiest Man" contest...;)
(I still ROFLMFAO over that one...)

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
Originally posted by: Auric
Originally posted by: FoBoT
i have a dead man's script running, if i don't reset it everyday, it will email out a pre-written notice to several peoples , including some on AT, that something has happened to me

Consider a dog. They are better company than scripts.

"What's that Lassie? FoBoT? Stuck in a well?"
"Woof!"

but dogs p00p all over the place

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Originally posted by: Auric
i have a dead man's script running, if i don't reset it everyday, it will email out a pre-written notice to several peoples , including some on AT, that something has happened to me

Consider a dog. They are better company than scripts.

"What's that Lassie? FoBoT? Stuck in a well?"
"Woof!"

but dogs p00p all over the place

so do most of our posters...thread crapping is about as bad as dog crapping...:D

Nik

Lifer
Jun 5, 2006
My mother would call Viper GTS and tell him. I don't know if he'd bother posting here or anywhere else about it though. Not like it matters, though. The people who matter would be informed.

altonb1

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2002
Originally posted by: Lifted
You assume two things by asking this question.

1. We tell people about every website we visit.
2. We care enough about this place to have "arranged" something so ridiculous.

Those are some fairly odd assumptions to say the least.

I just asked my wife if she would come here and tell everyone, and she agreed. I'm covered.

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006
As far as I know, I only know one person from AT in real life (my cousin-in-law), and I doubt he would bother to post here about me dying (unless it was a really cool story).

I doubt anyone would notice I was gone (except the occasional, "Whatever happened to that lawyer?")

MotionMan

Oct 4, 2004
Originally posted by: BoomerD
I have it in my will to grant ATOT full power of attorney, and to continue posting in my name after I'm gone...however, youse'll have to find your own dammed pic to enter for the "Sexiest Man" contest...;)

It's in bbzzdd's Top 25. :shocked:

natto fire

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2000
Yeah, chuck my name into the "unknown" hat. The only thing I can guess is that there would be seismic activity from me rolling in my grave as The Garage slips further into an OT-like hellhole and further from tech discussions...

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Originally posted by: theprodigalrebel
Originally posted by: BoomerD

It's in bbzzdd's Top 25. :shocked:

:Q I ar onered...

I'm in with some WONDERFUL company there. :)

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
I haven't arranged for it to answer the title, but I think there are a few people that would find out. I don't know if there's a point in posting about it though, those that care can find out, the rest, well, might only make their day worse/depressing or better if they hate me.

Sureshot324

Diamond Member
Feb 4, 2003

Same, except if I don't reset it, it will set off the C4 I have planted in the AT building. If I can't post on this forum, no one can!!

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: sixone
Originally posted by: Pliablemoose
I have it on good authority that Happy Puppy is dead again :shocked:

I call dibs on his Moosetracks.

I never should have sent him those briefs with skid marks, it was the last straw that induced the cardiac arrest, and now you want the skidmarked briefs of death?

You're a brave woman, Six...