So if the EU bans US travelers

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I live in one of the fly out patterns from SeaTac, fortunately they are at least 20k ft high at this point i.e. not a noise problem. With the pandemic going on its been really dead for the last few months. Well in the last couple weeks I've noticed some traffic again. In the last 2 days it's like it's almost back to normal. I think it's the exodos of anybody that needs to get back to the EU.

Reactions: Muse

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Has anyone told Trump that China made the cut for EU travel while we didn’t? I haven’t seen a tweetstorm about it yet so maybe not?

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Yes we are. Just look at the news with all the Burning, Looting and Vandalism...

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Considering that most of the Covid-19 infections and deaths are from the glorious Liberal utopias, we probably are.
Let's start this out right.

You're definitely not one of the dumbest mother fuckers who posts here.

Alright, that's clear.

Ok, so, you actually believe that. Yikes, but not surprising.
Yes we are. Just look at the news with all the Burning, Looting and Vandalism...
And, nothing of the Police rioting, because as a right-wing authoritarian, the police riots are a feature and not a bug.

Last edited:

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Let's start this out right.

You're definitely not one of the dumbest mother fuckers who posts here.

Alright, that's clear.

Ok, so, you actually believe that. Yikes, but not surprising.

And, nothing of the Police rioting, because as a right-wing authoritarian, the police riots are a feature and not a bug.

Oh shit ... damn, thanks for that. Hahahahahahahaha

Reactions: JEDIYoda

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
To be fair, the EU is not "banning" US travelers per se. unlike banning travelling between some union members as well, like Sweden, I am guessing it will come down to what state you are travelling from and if connecting air ports procedures are up to standard.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Attention dick-brains:
We've always had burning, looting, and vandalism.
The only reason you care about it right now is the Conservative Brainwashing Complex is telling you to care.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Attention dick-brains:
We've always had burning, looting, and vandalism.
The only reason you care about it right now is the Conservative Brainwashing Complex is telling you to care.

GOP range masters put up targets, bring dick-brains within spitting/shit flinging range and give the order "send it".

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I live in one of the fly out patterns from SeaTac, fortunately they are at least 20k ft high at this point i.e. not a noise problem. With the pandemic going on its been really dead for the last few months. Well in the last couple weeks I've noticed some traffic again. In the last 2 days it's like it's almost back to normal. I think it's the exodos of anybody that needs to get back to the EU.
Yup, supposed to go into effect sometime this week.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Considering that most of the Covid-19 infections and deaths are from the glorious Liberal utopias, we probably are.

Which states had their infection rates soar in recent weeks because their governors were more concerned about their economies than people's lives? Hint: most of them aren't run by Democrats.

Besides, those "glorious liberal utopias" also have the highest population concentrations in the US... yeah, no kidding they'd have the most infections and deaths. Context-aware analysis clearly isn't your strong suit. As it stands, New York state's infection rate is currently quite low. It managed to contain the virus; however, those certain not-Democrat-run states are almost out of control.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000

How are Arizona, Arkansas, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas currently doing compared to, quite literally, every where else on the face of Earth?

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Which states had their infection rates soar in recent weeks because their governors were more concerned about their economies than people's lives? Hint: most of them aren't run by Democrats.

Besides, those "glorious liberal utopias" also have the highest population concentrations in the US... yeah, no kidding they'd have the most infections and deaths. Context-aware analysis clearly isn't your strong suit. As it stands, New York state's infection rate is currently quite low. It managed to contain the virus; however, those certain not-Democrat-run states are almost out of control.
I live in a pretty extreme liberal area in NY. County population of a bit over 100k, we've tested just shy of 16k, and had 167 positive cases, no deaths. If this case load were extrapolated out to the rest of the nation, we'd have had a grand total of 500k cases, rather than 2.5M. I attribute it entirely to strong state and local leadership, encouraging people to actually listen to science and inspiring people to trust in our leaders.

Reactions: ch33zw1z and FaaR

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013

In the beginning they were, because those liberal utopias happen to be the biggest attraction and draw for tourists and travelers who brought the virus with them. What tourist travels all the way to America to go to some shithole red state with a majority population of rednecks? They go to NYC, California, the Pacific Northwest, etc...hence the initial infections were there. But now, even with fair warning, your backwards ass red states are surpassing expectations for how to fuck up a covid response. Congrats

FaaR

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2007
Considering that liberal utopias tend to be far more densely populated and crowded, and with much more economic and human activity than your typical redneck flyover state, that should not be a surprise to anyone. (Except you, apparently.)

That was the initial figures though. Now that the unscientific misinformation and deliberate obstructionism from the far right has had time to percolate down widely into redneck territories, we'll see what shape the spread of the disease will really take on. So far it's not looking good for the non-utopias, let me tell you.