So if I go visit England...

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Born2bwire

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2005
Hahaha. God dammit England sucks ass. And I thought the Mainland government was a bunch of soulless Commies.

HAL9000

Lifer
Oct 17, 2010
Apparently most people who talk to you share a similar opinion.

No. Most people on here who disagree with me share a similar opinion, for some reason on this forum people who disagree with the majority are trolls...

Nik

Lifer
Jun 5, 2006
No. Most people on here who disagree with me share a similar opinion, for some reason on this forum people who disagree with the majority are trolls...

"Look, it's everyone else! Not me!"

:rolleyes:

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007

I've been accused of trolling, but I don't get called a troll on a regular basis. I'm pretty sure I don't share a lot of popular opinions here. Oh and I constantly throw out idiot or moron. I bet there's over 500 posts of mine that have either of those words.

Veliko

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2011
The troll accusation is over-used these days. It's become a meaningless term.

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
HAL9000

A long time lurker, new poster here. In the very short time I started posting, I couldn't help but to notice your posts everywhere already.

It must be tiresome to be the defender of England on this forum. Give it a rest will ya? No one gives a crap about what ATOT thinks about England (or any country for that matter) at the end of the day.

Jesus 45 posts per day. Take a break, go outside, and learn again this is just internet.

HAL9000

Lifer
Oct 17, 2010
HAL9000

A long time lurker, new poster here. In the very short time I started posting, I couldn't help but to notice your posts everywhere already.

It must be tiresome to be the defender of England on this forum. Give it a rest will ya? No one gives a crap about what ATOT thinks about England (or any country for that matter) at the end of the day.

Jesus 45 posts per day. Take a break, go outside, and learn again this is just internet.

That seems valid, but I give a crap how people talk about England, particularly when they know nothing about it. Someone needs to defend it.

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
That seems valid, but I give a crap how people talk about England, particularly when they know nothing about it. Someone needs to defend it.

But with your approach (which is typical of online community I admit), you're not convincing anyone and just pissing off people.

It's all in the delivery in order to get them on your side, my friend. People who master this IRL win.

Ease up, learn to laugh a little at your country and yourself. That'll bring more acceptance of England here online which seems so important to you. In most cases, people start threads like this because they know they'll get a rise out of you.

Go enjoy a glass of beer. That's one thing all cultures enjoy. :)

HAL9000

Lifer
Oct 17, 2010
But with your approach (which is typical of online community I admit), you're not convincing anyone and just pissing off people.

It's all in the delivery in order to get them on your side, my friend. People who master this IRL win.

Ease up, learn to laugh a little at your country and yourself. That'll bring more acceptance of England here online which seems so important to you. In most cases, people start threads like this because they know they'll get a rise out of you.

Go enjoy a glass of beer. That's one thing all cultures enjoy. :)

Well put, I have to say, I do laugh at my country from time to time, you'll notice than when people ask me to use a tooth brush or something similar I normally reply "what's a tooth brush? You mean you have to clean those face bone things?" Or something similar, it really depends what sort of mood I'm in, If I'm relaxed and chilled out then I just laugh at it and move on, but if I'm in a bit of a manic mood then I post into oblivion, and being bipolar I spend a certain amount of my time manic. Today isn't one of them though, but yesterday was.

Nik

Lifer
Jun 5, 2006
Well put, I have to say, I do laugh at my country from time to time, you'll notice than when people ask me to use a tooth brush or something similar I normally reply "what's a tooth brush? You mean you have to clean those face bone things?" Or something similar, it really depends what sort of mood I'm in, If I'm relaxed and chilled out then I just laugh at it and move on, but if I'm in a bit of a manic mood then I post into oblivion, and being bipolar I spend a certain amount of my time manic. Today isn't one of them though, but yesterday was.

You realize people are only saying those things to you because you've already started acting like a butthole and need to be smacked around, right?

HAL9000

Lifer
Oct 17, 2010
You realize people are only saying those things to you because you've already started acting like a butthole and need to be smacked around, right?

No. That's not the case, it happened long before I got here. I also don't act "like a butthole" I just assert my views when asked about them and defend them when attacked.

Nik

Lifer
Jun 5, 2006
Yes, it is indeed the case. It's like you can't help yourself.

However, if you'd prefer to stick your head in the sand about it and deny your own actions that result in you being constantly harassed or ignored by forum members, that's (another of) your own problems.

Monster_Munch

Oct 19, 2010
You have to understand that Americans get really upset whenever you attempt to contradict their "America is the best and everywhere else sucks" mentality. They are brainwashed from an early age with almost constant nationalism.

HAL9000

Lifer
Oct 17, 2010
You have to understand that Americans get really upset whenever you attempt to contradict their "America is the best and everywhere else sucks" mentality. They are brainwashed from an early age with almost constant nationalism.

I have noticed this. It's just difficult to comprehend other peoples delusions. Which is why I argue with Americans and the Religious probably the most.

HAL9000

Lifer
Oct 17, 2010
These days it seems that the only thing decent that comes out of the UK is Top Gear.

Doctor Who?
Skins?
Misfits?
The Inbetweeners?
QI?
Ale?
The SAS?
Ricky Gervais, Stephen Merchant, Karl Pilkington?
Stephen Fry?
Hugh Laurie?

I could go on.

Last edited:

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Doctor Who?
Skins?
Misfits?
The Inbetweeners?
Ale?

I don't care for any of those things except for ale. And while I have enjoyed a pint of Boddingtons from time to time, I could live with just American and Belgium brews quite happily for the rest of my life.

HAL9000

Lifer
Oct 17, 2010
I don't care for any of those things except for ale. And while I have enjoyed a pint of Boddingtons from time to time, I could live with just American and Belgium brews quite happily for the rest of my life.

There's more.

Also I could live without America completely.