So I was changing some settings in ATI tray tools...

PieIsAwesome

Diamond Member
Feb 11, 2007
I'm having issues with mouse lag in games, so I was doing some tweaking, and after exiting a game and changing the flip queue size option to 1 the desktop turned into horizontal line-filled mess. It looked as if the image was chopped up into strips and overlapped with each other. I restarted and its fine now. I've messed around with this setting in tray tools before and haven't had this happen until now.

I'm wondering if this is a driver issue or if my card is dying. I'm not getting the performance I would want out of games, but this is probably due to the mouse lag (30 FPS is laggy and unplayable). Oh, and I have custom fan control settings, and I doubt it got too hot because when it does the fan speeds up and gets really loud, and when this happened it wasn't.

1900xt btw.

The game I was testing now was the Enemy Territory demo. Max settings, 1600x1200, 4x AA, 16x AF.
Rest of specs are X2 3800+ and 2 GB DDR400. Unplayable at 30 FPS.

Aeros

May 4, 2006
Your video card crashed. It happens, so don't get to excited about it. When you mess with stock setting (I'm not saying you shouldn't - by all means tweak!) you take the hardware out of it's normal operating peramiters.

Also you are playing a demo. In my experiance demo's of games are unfinished, or are not a stable version. Take for example Crysis and it's demo: It's crashed my card and my whole system If I ran my x1950xt at the (non-issue with any game to date) speed of 750 core 1700mem. (I use ATITool)

If you are an overclocker, or a tweaker you will always run into limits on your hardware. You found one.

As far as performance goes...are cards are outdated. Try turning off AA, and AF.