So I saw the Borat movie the other day

Paktu

Oct 31, 2004
I got a bunch of passes to a screening of the Borat movie on Wednesday- it was a bit strange since they sent them out through Facebook and you could print off as many as you want. The movie was absolutely hilarious. It seems to be a mixture of about 50% real, unscripted stuff where Borat goes and visits/talks to people, and then 50% stuff that was planned out beforehand.

If you enjoy the Borat skits on Da Ali G show, you will love this movie, since it's basically more of the same. Lots of the typical anti-Semitism, awkward situations, over-friendliness, etc.

Paktu

Oct 31, 2004
Originally posted by: dudeman007
Can you still get passes through facebook?

I'm a student at the University of Minnesota- Twin Cities. There's a group on Facebook called "Free Movies" which gives out passes to most upcoming movies targeted at the college demographic. It's very possible that other large schools have something like this too. I also know several people who work for the student newspaper here (the Minnesota Daily) and they get passes all the time to stuff- that's how I saw Jackass 2.

Mr Smiley

Oct 12, 2004
Did you ever watch "Da Ali G Show"? The commercials make it seem like they took all his Borat skits and made them into a movie. Is there anything new?

Paktu

Oct 31, 2004
Originally posted by: Mr Smiley
Did you ever watch "Da Ali G Show"? The commercials make it seem like they took all his Borat skits and made them into a movie. Is there anything new?

All of the skits in the movie are new material. The pre-rehearsed stuff is designed to tie the skits together so there is a semi-coherent plot.

Dunbar

Platinum Member
Feb 19, 2001
The Ali G skit was one of the funniest, and at the same time cringe-inducing, things I've seen on TV. But when it's good it had me rolling on the floor. There was a news story about the country of Kazahkstan not being too thrilled about Borat's character.

tweakmm

Lifer
May 28, 2001
Originally posted by: Paktu
Originally posted by: dudeman007
Can you still get passes through facebook?

I'm a student at the University of Minnesota- Twin Cities. There's a group on Facebook called "Free Movies" which gives out passes to most upcoming movies targeted at the college demographic. It's very possible that other large schools have something like this too. I also know several people who work for the student newspaper here (the Minnesota Daily) and they get passes all the time to stuff- that's how I saw Jackass 2.
Hot damn, I need to look into that.

Facebook is for more than just girls now.