Discussion So I played "Don't Starve" for the first time.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
I brought this game shortly after it came out and went on sale, and just now started playing it. Why oh why did I wait so long??? Enjoyable game, and I keep getting killed. I can barely stop playing.

Any tips to help me survive longer, please?

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
the game has a lot of game changing mods which really make the game even more enjoyable to play.
That game also one of the most epic multiplayer games, its seriously a different game with friends, and then some.

Reactions: whm1974

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
Well after getting myself killed a bunch of time without touching any touch stones, my latest one managed to survive 40+ days now and still going strong.:D:D:D

I managed to build camp inside a fort of wooden walls I found. Unfortunately I burned those down trying to get charcoal...:oops::oops::oops:But base camp is fine. Oh well I was planning on replacing the wooden ones with stone anyway...

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
Man just when I get a base going and established, I get way too brave and take more then I can handle, then DIE!!!

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
Tip: Don't farm Spiders, pigs, and Beefolo without at least good armor. If possible, wear the Life giving Amulet and Football Helmet.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Picked this game up in the Autumn sale and will likely get around to playing in about a decade, but the concept just seems fantastic and the art style is gorgeous.

Might play it sooner, who knows.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
Picked this game up in the Autumn sale and will likely get around to playing in about a decade, but the concept just seems fantastic and the art style is gorgeous.

Might play it sooner, who knows.
Autumn!!! it's already Winter!!!

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Well after getting myself killed a bunch of time without touching any touch stones, my latest one managed to survive 40+ days now and still going strong.:D:D:D

I managed to build camp inside a fort of wooden walls I found. Unfortunately I burned those down trying to get charcoal...:oops::oops::oops:But base camp is fine. Oh well I was planning on replacing the wooden ones with stone anyway...
Just wait until you get a nuclear reactor....

OCNewbie

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2000
I've tried getting into it a couple times. The second time I played, it seemed like there wasn't all that much to do (or at least to build). I played for quite a bit longer the second time, and I didn't die, but it just kinda got to the point where I wasn't sure why I cared to "not starve" any longer. I didn't quite make it to the first winter, if that's an indicator of how long I played. I didn't really know what I was doing though, as I was trying to wing it as best I could without looking up much of anything online.

Last edited:

thestrangebrew1

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2011
I picked it up over the winter sale and gave it a shot. I like the game, but yea, keep dying. I think I've only lasted about 7 straight days so far, but I don't really have time to sit and keep playing. I bought the bundle, so I'll give the extra game to my daughter and try out multiplayer.