So I let UT2004 run for 18 hours and 53 minutes....

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Which was almost double what 2nd place had.

Set it up for the 10 Pillars map with 32 bots at 200% game speed and Instagib, spectate mode of course. Had the rules set to 0 time limit and 0 kill limit, making it run forever.

I dont know if its because I have a dual-core CPU but my frame rates were constantly in the millions. Obviously a math fluke.

Thing was running just fine when I checked on it this afternoon and stopped the game. I had zoomed way out to see the whole map while in spectate mode. Ran it with max details at 2048x1536.

Was wondering if anybody had a real game (not a synthetic benchmark) that could stress my 7900GTX and run for hours at a time, with either the ability to fly way out and see everything OR constantly change and update who its viewing from.
UT2004 wouldnt do that. If I selected to view from a bot, it would go to stationary mode as soon as that bot was killed.
I have a buttload of modern 3D games, with the exception of the new Rainbow Six.

Suggestions?
I'l try anything, either a shooter or first-person RPG or RTS. I dont have C&C 3 but I do have Supreme Commander. The problem with that one is when you zoom way out everything turns to icons. I dont believe that would stress my system.

CP5670

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
I think that sort of test would stress the CPU more than anything else. UT2004 doesn't use much in the way of shaders and would only stress the GPU texturing units.

By the way, try CTF-1on1-Joust with the same settings. It gets totally insane. :D

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Originally posted by: CP5670
I think that sort of test would stress the CPU more than anything else. UT2004 doesn't use much in the way of shaders and would only stress the GPU texturing units.
Which is why I was asking for suggestions on a modern game.

Is there a way to keep looping the built-in tests for FEAR or Company of Heroes?

n7

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2004
You can loop 3DMark05/06 in the pro versions.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Originally posted by: n7
You can loop 3DMark05/06 in the pro versions.
I HAVE 3DMark05 Pro, the darn thing has the "loop" buttons greyed out and unclickable. :|

I do not have Prey but I got Quake 4 with my EVGA GeForce. Will install it again and see about Guru3D.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I hate bumping my own threads, if it dies it should stay dead, but I need some more advice.

I got the demo program for Quake 4, it runs about 20 seconds and crashes EVERY time. I changed all the settings around, nothing works.
I can play the game for hours at a time with no issues.

Cant seem to download the Lost Planet Demo, which is nothing new. I can never get huge downloads from fileplanet or filefront or most of the others. I normally get about halfway done, the speed slows to a crawl, and then the connection dies.

I was wondering if anybody knows of just a regular weblink or FTP link to the file.

If I could get that then Download Accelerator could pick it up and even search for mirrors.
With resumable download I could get it eventually.