So I left my credit card in the bar last night ...

Vonkhan

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2003
Went to a bar last night and started off a tab with my credit card

4 glasses of Guiness
4 kamikaze drinks
10 kamikaze shots (for a 'friendship' round :p)

... and after last call, we went off to I-Hop where I realized that I had forgotten my credit card in the bar. Didn't feel like dragging all of us back downtown again and since I was nearly on my limit anyways, I decided that to pick it up later on today.

At around 4:30pm, I went to the bar - they were closed but there was someone cleaning up inside who let me in. I told her what happened and she looked for my credit card and handed it to me. I told her that I had a few drinks on it and she said something to the effect of "I dont see your tab written down anywhere, so as far as I'm concernced you dont have to pay anything" and asked me to leave.

wierd ... I got "free" drinks, but I dunno what her problem was.

Atlantean

Diamond Member
May 2, 2001
You sure you got free drinks? may be they charged your cc for not just your drinks but for other peoples drinks as well... and if you did get them free then cheers :beer: Maybe the girl that was cleaning up thought you were cute...

Hector13

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2000
been there, done that... several times. Check your statement online (if you can), they probably closed your tab when they closed down for the night.

Dunbar

Platinum Member
Feb 19, 2001
My friend did that at House of Blues and they charged $200 on the card (we drank maybe $80 worth of liquor.) So he reported it stolen :)

thomsbrain

Lifer
Dec 4, 2001
i would cancel the card, best to play it safe. if you call and tell them the story they will almost certainly prefer to send you a new card.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Krakerjak
Originally posted by: Vonkhan
I did check my balance online and there's no charge on it :)

It takes at least 3-5 days for a charge to appear on my CC account.

Who do you have? Compton ass national bank?

ThaGrandCow

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
Originally posted by: Vonkhan
I did check my balance online and there's no charge on it :)

Wait a few days, then check. I know bartenders at 15 of the 21 bars in my city (I'm not a drunk I swear!) and standard policy at the end of the night is to close all tabs not closed at the end of the night. All tabs are closed with an automatic 25% tip for the bartenders. Works for the bartenders, works for the people that drink too much and forget to close their tab. Most people that drunk tip 25% or so anyways, plus the person that forgot their card can be assured that it's in a safe place and all they have to do is pick it up the next day.

Just remember that it takes a day or two to get charges posted to your account

xSauronx

Lifer
Jul 14, 2000
off easy it sounds like, didnt someone not long ago post that they did the same thing but someone stole their card and they had several grand on it over night?