So I just finished Serious Sam HD

BFG10K

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
I finished it on Serious difficulty without too much trouble, so I’ve still got the skillz, LOL.

A few things were a bit different, but overall it felt authentic and true to the original.

They did a good job with the remaster (especially graphics and physics), so I can’t wait for the second encounter to be remade in the same way.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I finished it on Serious difficulty without too much trouble, so I’ve still got the skillz, LOL.
Shens.
Anytime someone says they beat a game on the highest difficulty I wanna see a video. Cuz I think they're full of shit.

Use FRAPS next time, to prove what a bad ass you are. Split them and post on Youtube.

BFG10K

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
Shens.
Anytime someone says they beat a game on the highest difficulty I wanna see a video. Cuz I think they're full of shit.

Use FRAPS next time, to prove what a bad ass you are. Split them and post on Youtube.
You must be joking. You expect me to upload a 10+ hour Fraps video just to appease a random internet personality?

Here’s a screenshot showing the level auto-saves along with the last level, The Great Pyramid, highlighted. The difficulty level for the stats is clearly marked Serious, as per the white circles.

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/929/samhd.jpg

That’s all you’re getting, and I don’t really care if you believe me or not.

If you have trouble believing people finish games on the hardest difficulty level, you must suck at games. I’ve completed almost every game I have currently installed (~100 titles) on the hardest difficulty.

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
You must be joking. You expect me to upload a 10+ hour Fraps video just to appease a random internet personality?

Here’s a screenshot showing the level auto-saves along with the last level, The Great Pyramid, highlighted. The difficulty level for the stats is clearly marked Serious, as per the white circles.

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/929/samhd.jpg

That’s all you’re getting, and I don’t really care if you believe me or not.

If you have trouble believing people finish games on the hardest difficulty level, you must suck at games. I’ve completed almost every game I have currently installed (~100 titles) on the hardest difficulty.

Ever finish farcry on realistic?

Renob

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2000
I have no skill lol playing all my games in little girl mod lol but still have tons of fun and grata on doing it on the hard lvl dam no way for me.

Childs

Lifer
Jul 9, 2000
I dont remember SS being all that hard. I used to kill those buffalo things with a knife. People beat games on the hardest difficulty all the time.

AmishPcFreak

Jun 9, 2001
Shorty-
he responded to your insulting post with no profanity whereas you cussed like a sailor upfront. I'd say you are the one who sounds angry.

jcwagers

Golden Member
Dec 25, 2000
Hmm....I remember there being a "Mental" difficulty on the older Serious Sam games as the highest difficulty. I don't remember if you had to unlock it by completing Serious difficulty or not or perhaps they just decided to leave that out of the HD version. Either way, he did better than I did. I always started up a network game if I wanted to play through it so I didn't have to save and could always respawn if I died. I guess I'm not very hardcore. hehe

jc

CurseTheSky

Diamond Member
Oct 21, 2006
Beating games on the hardest difficulty these days isn't very impressive.

Agreed. I tend to start all new games on the hardest or second hardest difficulty just so they take longer and seem more challenging (and thus, fun). When I start on a lower difficulty, I find myself breezing through a game and not really enjoying it.

I started Dragon Age on normal (having never playing BG / BG2, not being a HUGE fan of Mass Effect, and generally not enjoying pausing combat all the time) and found it far too easy. Right after Ostagar, I restarted as a different origin and on Hard difficulty. Before, I might have to pause really quick to drink a potion or set up a couple of CC spells, but generally I could do combat in real time. Now, I find myself pausing every 5-10 seconds to queue up another spell, run someone across the screen to avoid damage, heal, etc. It can be a bit frustrating, but it's a LOT more fun. Every battle has a feeling of accomplishment when it's over.

Either way, congrats @ BFG. It looks like a fun game, but I never did get the original and just didn't give this one a shot. If it goes on sale again, I might grab it and give it a try.