So I headed to the gym today and...

AccruedExpenditure

Diamond Member
May 12, 2001
I headed to my university's gym today to play some basketball. It's been a while since I've played because I've had midterms and I've been sore from intense lifting the last month or so.

Between games typically the people who are waiting for the next game shoot around on the half which the game is not being taking place and scurry off the court as the ball comes back down.

So I'm shooting around and decide to see how high I can sky above the rim. So I get back to about 15 feet away from the basket and drive towards the hole. Execution is perfect, I slam the ball and snap the front half of the rim off.

Maybe you didn't hear me... I snapped the front half of the rim off.

Needless to say when the ball came down again people were pretty upset that I had ended their game and all games on that particular court prematurely.

:)

This where a camera phone would be useful. =(

And to you bitter people who can't dunk and are looking to rain on my parade and bravado. I stopped in the adminstration office and told them what happened and they said don't sweat it.

datalink7

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
In order for someone to "rain on your parade", doesn't there have to be a parade to rain on? :confused:

:p

jagr10

Golden Member
Jan 21, 2001
Ok, maybe it's time to go on a diet and lose some weight. You shouldn't be proud about snapping the rim off!

Ameesh

Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Gnote
Originally posted by: jagr10
Ok, maybe it's time to go on a diet and lose some weight. You shouldn't be proud about snapping the rim off!

pashaw... I'm 6' 169. Not that heavy.

you just said pashaw :Q

Zugzwang152

Lifer
Oct 30, 2001
rolleye.gif

milagro

Golden Member
Jun 19, 2001
I don't quite get it -- the front HALF of the rim? not the whole thing? you actually broke the iron in half? I've seen entire backboards smashed and brought down, and entire rims brought down....but not half a rim... A camera would have been nice:)

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
I'm 6' ft and I got owned by a 9' rim last weekend. I wish I could dunk a 10' rim :(

Aharami

Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
i wish i was a little bit taller
i wish i was a baller
i wish....

oh nm :p

and "pashaw"? :Q:Q

element

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: milagro
I don't quite get it -- the front HALF of the rim? not the whole thing? you actually broke the iron in half? I've seen entire backboards smashed and brought down, and entire rims brought down....but not half a rim... A camera would have been nice:)

I'm guessing the rim is built to come apart at the halfway point and snap back together just for circumstances like this. Not that I've ever seen one like that before though. Just a guess. This is probably why they said don't sweat it.

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
Reminds me of the basketball scene in "Cable Guy" :D

"Thanks for bringing your friend Stephen...."

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Nutdotnet
Hey, I gotta give you credit...if you are a white boy.

lol

Congrats on dunking! Pretty cool to dunk imo on a 10 foot rim :D

Koing

AccruedExpenditure

Diamond Member
May 12, 2001
Originally posted by: halik
damn how tall are you dude?

6' tall

Originally posted by: GtPrOjEcTX
how about not hanging onto the friggin rim and just dunk the dang ball ?

That's the thing... I didn't hang on the rim it just came down as I came down.

Originally posted by: Nutdotnet
Hey, I gotta give you credit...if you are a white boy.
Who said I was white? LoL