So I finally beat it...

QurazyQuisp

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2003
I've had semi-mild acne for a few years now... (I'm 19) and I've finally found something that gets rid of it. I've tried proactiv and a number of other things but none of them seemed to work.

What was my cure? I shower twice a day, and use Noxema Triple Clean Anti-Bacterial (twice a day) The second shower is really only taken because I run everyday...

But over the past 3 weeks it's slowly disapeared. Now, there are just a few non-red bumps, but it's all pretty much gone. I'm happy... It certainly boosts my confidence.

QurazyQuisp

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2003
Originally posted by: MustISO
Cool, do you think it's help control 1 or 2 break outs a week?

Not sure... I haven't had a breakout really since I started using it. I've had one or two pop up... but for the most part everything is gone. I did stop using it for a week, and switched to something else (only because I went back to school, and for got about the stuff in my shower at home) and I did notice it started back up then... but now that I've been using it again... I haven't had a problem.

I don't use anything else on my face other then that... I try not to touch my face what so ever, as well.

ScottFern

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2002
[Michael Jackson] Just beat ittttt, Beat ittt, Beatt it, Beat iitttt[/Michael Jackson]

homercles337

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2004
I know how you feel. Well, actually i felt worse until i took a cycle of acutane. No amount of noxema would have cleared up what i had. ;)

OVerLoRDI

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006
Originally posted by: homercles337
I know how you feel. Well, actually i felt worse until i took a cycle of acutane. No amount of noxema would have cleared up what i had. ;)

Acutane is some scary medicine but it really works. It cured my terrible back acne in a matter of months and now I have just some small ones every once in a while, barely even noticeable.

QurazyQuisp

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2003
Originally posted by: homercles337

I was about to go to acutane... I've had a few prescriptions for otherstuff, but to no avail. Honestly, nothing worked before, it looked the same or worse. I think it must be the anti-bacterial....

Rickten

Golden Member
Apr 17, 2001
proactive worked best for me because it would making my skin flake by making it super dry. I hated my skin medicine from my derm because it made my skin dry up like crazy.

doze

Platinum Member
Jul 26, 2005
You are probably just growing out of it, mine was pretty much gone by 19

RbSX

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
Originally posted by: Tylanner
Originally posted by: RyanSengara
Shoulda just gone for the fool proof method of acutane.

doesnt that screw with your joints?

No one that I know thats used it has had those problems, it can cause depression and requires shots (so if you don't like that stuff it kinda negates it).

I used to have terrible acne, but I've grown out of it over the years.

Leros

Lifer
Jul 11, 2004

Dunno about that, but it does other "fun" stuff.

If you get pregnant or get a girl a girl pregnant while on Accutane the baby will be messed up.

It makes you so dry that your lips crack and bleed all the time.

QurazyQuisp

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2003

If it messed with my joints, I'd just live with the acne...

Running is too fun to give up.

Reckoner

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
I took accutane and had to go to monthly hospital visits to make sure my liver was still functioning properly. I wasn't able to finish the treatment, but it did have an excellent effect on my skin for a while.

Tylanner

Diamond Member
Sep 18, 2004
a year ago a kid from my high school committed suicide while on accutane, got in a tiny fight with his dad then blew his head off with a shotgun.

but his acne was ridiculous, mine is bad but his was honestly ridiculous.