So I come into work this morning.....

IJump

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2001
and I look at my SETI Queue.....

Since I left last Wednesday...My production has been down to 4-5 WUs a day... a little lower than I expect..... I am wondering all weekend if the power has gone out or my SETI Queue has shut down.....

When I look at my SETI Queue, I have 822 results waiting to upload... :D:D:D

What a great way to start the week... :)

Now I just have to figure out why my queue won't connect.....

RaySun2Be

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
That's a nice find. At least they were cracking while you were gone! :D Once you get the connection issue fixed you'll have a nice fat dump! :D

So I checked my Q from home, and a number of PCs are way late with their WUs, I have a number of Zeros in the Results Today column. What the heck? :Q

So I come into work this morning.....

And find we had a power hit last night, and the PCs that aren't connected to a UPS were shutdown. :(

My numbers are going to be very low for today. :(

Smoke

Distributed Computing Elite Member
Jan 3, 2001
And you will reach your 4th of July goal 4 days late. :p

Better late than never! :D

/but we do need to get those WUs transmitted for them to count. :Q

Smoke

Jan 3, 2001
34) IJump Wednesday=362 Thursday=84 Friday=5 Saturday=5 Sunday=4 Monday=5 Tues=1 Average=77.5 TotalWU=14758

Nothing coming in yet. :Q What have you attempted so far?

Tarca

Platinum Member
Sep 6, 2001
That's what I always hope for when my work queue is down. Bad connection... at least the crunchers keep crunching.:D

IJump

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Smokeball
34) IJump Wednesday=362 Thursday=84 Friday=5 Saturday=5 Sunday=4 Monday=5 Tues=1 Average=77.5 TotalWU=14758

Nothing coming in yet. :Q What have you attempted so far?

Well, I can get to my web server at home, and I can browse the SETI Queue at home (The web interface that is), but my queue here won't connect to my queue at home. I am not really sure at this point... IT resolves the ip fromthe name, but fails to connect. I have tried inet and winsock, I have tried direct to berkeley (which has never worked from here anyway). Nothing seems to work...... :(

If all else fails, I can transfer on CD...... thank god for burners.....I need to get results to berkeley and get some WUs to my queue at work, I am down to 100 WUs available, which means I will run out sometime tonight.... :(

soni

Diamond Member
May 29, 2000
Have you tried a single standalone client and let it connect to your homequeue ??
If that works, then its the queue, otherwise its something else, perhaps a newly configred firewall :(

I had a similar problem with my queue once and it was a WU that was stuck.
So i had to go remove the first WU result, restart the queue and off it went :D

Always set the queue to download units first :D

IJump

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2001
Unfortunately, it won't download either....with the way my connection goes through the state, the change could have been in many places......most of which I have no control over...... :(

I will work through it and see what is happening.....I will get these WUs out of here and back to berekeley....and more to my queue so my clients have work to do....

Smoke

Jan 3, 2001
Probably not related but I've got one of my mini-teammates, "VIC", with an upside-down RED SetiDriver. It has 20 completed WUs with zero WUs in the cache to work on. :(

So far everything I have had him try has failed to work. I'm going to tell him to go directly to Berkeley on the next attempt.

I'm starting to think it may be a FAT WU ... you remember him right? ;)

Question: Soni mentioned deleting the 1st WU because it could be stuck. In a case like I have described (VIC) would folder #1 be the first WU trying to upload? Or could it be any of the the 20? I know how to tell what is the WU currently being worked on but in this case there is no current WU. :Q

soni

Diamond Member
May 29, 2000
Smokeball, for seti driver, look at the datetime for the result.sah (that right) files.

The oldest is the :D

Otherwise try to backup/then remove all the setidriver folder, set desired cache to 1, add one of the folder, rename it 2, and increase desired cache.
Then setidrive should upload the wu, and get a new on.
Repeat and clinse :D

Hope it helps..