So I bought an E-Sky Honeybee MK3

Raduque

Lifer
Aug 22, 2004
Bought it on June30th from hobbylobby where it's on sale, and I've already thrashed the heck out of it learning how to fly. I somehow managed to rip the wires loose from my tail rotor motor when a wind gust pulled it up onto the roof. I suck at soldering so I have to find somebody to fix it for me now =(

And to top it off, I still can't really fly the thing.

Pictars!

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
always wanted an RC Helicopter but the stories about how difficult they are to fly and how easy you can bust one up keeps me away.

Raduque

Lifer
Aug 22, 2004
Originally posted by: QueBert
always wanted a RC Helicopter but the stories about how difficult they are to fly and how easy you can bust one up keeps me away.

They are pretty fragile and very difficult to fly. I've heard it being likened to keeping a marble steady on a sheet of glass. But damn is it a rewarding feeling to see that thing up in the air responding to your inputs, even for just a few seconds

The good thing, even though a fixed-pitch like the Honeybee is kind of difficult to learn on, it's extremely cheap to repair. I've already broken the stock skids, the tail motor, and cracked the plastic canopy piece, but after a crash all you have to do is straighten the blades out, set 'er up, and let 'er rip.

Unheard

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2003
Hobby Lobby is a great place. I love the fact they are 3 minutes from my work place. Bought my Lama2 there.