So I beat Guild Wars

mb

Lifer
Jun 27, 2004
After several hours of playing, I have finally beaten Guild Wars. I gotta say it's been the most addicting game I've ever played. What's great about the game is that even though I am done with all the missions, there are still many skills I can get, play PVP, or level up with other characters I have.

If you haven't given the game a try yet, I suggest doing so. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

luigi1

Mar 26, 2005
You meen you got to lvl 20? If so youve barely started the game. Come back when youve done fire island. I've got 2 toons to 20 (accended) and I know I've just started to play the game.

mb

Lifer
Jun 27, 2004
No, I mean I've beaten the game, completing every quest and mission.

My age shows 180 hours, but I almost always leave the game running overnight and when I go out. I really don't know how long it took actually sitting infront of the computer.

luigi1

Mar 26, 2005
Well every quest and mission is indead an accomplishment. I havent done anything near that. Does PvP not interest you at all?. How many skills/spells have you captured? If youve captured anything near most you really should try the tomb of primordal kings (PvP). I think you will find it a chalange. And its good clean fun.

BlueWeasel

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Doesn't GW have monthly updates with new content (dungeons, maps, etc.)? If that's the case, then how is it possible to ever beat the game?

luigi1

Mar 26, 2005
Errr.. not monthly, I think there projecting ever 6 months or so. as of yet theres no recurring charges. and theres a lot of patches. Seems to be a lot of support. Still its a new concept and I'm sure well all be looking to see how it pans out. Seems great so far though.

mb

Lifer
Jun 27, 2004
Originally posted by: luigi1
Well every quest and mission is indead an accomplishment. I havent done anything near that. Does PvP not interest you at all?. How many skills/spells have you captured? If youve captured anything near most you really should try the tomb of primordal kings (PvP). I think you will find it a chalange. And its good clean fun.

I actually haven't even touched PvP, but I probably will soon as I just joined a guild, well, just joined a decent one. I've been in a few but they never did anything.

Chompman

Banned
Mar 14, 2003
Originally posted by: supafly
Originally posted by: luigi1

I actually haven't even touched PvP, but I probably will soon as I just joined a guild, well, just joined a decent one. I've been in a few but they never did anything.

This is almost a mmorpg so you can't beat it.. that is until you beat everyone in pvp fights. :D

tattered

Jun 19, 2005
ok this sounds like a game I might want to try was thinking off going back to EQ2 but fear there wont be any low lv's to group with> I tried going back to EQ 1 and man ther ewere hardly anone playing that was below lv 50.

Is there a good website that talks about the class's and has a good forum on it>

luigi1

Mar 26, 2005
yes, google guild wars and go to the websight. Select community and theres a list of fan sights, forums etc.

Feneant2

Golden Member
May 26, 2004
180 hours?? haha, sorry, but I don't find that very long actually. For a game these days it's massive, but wow, I expected it to be a bit like WoW or Eq2 and you'd play for 500-750 hours at least.
Here is my Everquest 2 playtime : Played Time 71 Days, 20 Hours, 44 Minutes
Bear in mind I leave myself logged in a lot as well, but my actual playtime would still be around 25 days. The high end raiders probably have near 100 days by now.

ArmchairAthlete

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2002
No, I mean I've beaten the game, completing every quest and mission.

My age shows 180 hours, but I almost always leave the game running overnight and when I go out. I really don't know how long it took actually sitting infront of the computer.

Seems sorta disappointing that it could be over that fast. I thought you weren't supposed to "beat" games like GW?

Colonel C

May 19, 2005
I wish I had WoW, *sighs*

Yes I know this discussion is about GW but... WoW

Edit: I'd get the game if there were no occuring fees.

Wingznut

Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
Originally posted by: Feneant2
son of a b*tch... I wanted to edit, not quote!
Heh... I do that all the time.
Originally posted by: BlueWeasel
Doesn't GW have monthly updates with new content (dungeons, maps, etc.)? If that's the case, then how is it possible to ever beat the game?
I've heard the plan is to release new content as expansion packs.

kongs

May 5, 2005
Yeah I'm not doubting you that you beat it, but you for sure took more that 180 hours because I been a lot and doing quite well time/esp wise (at least I think so) and it will take me far more than 180 hours before I can beat it...there is still so much land for me to discover.

mb

Lifer
Jun 27, 2004
Originally posted by: kongs
Yeah I'm not doubting you that you beat it, but you for sure took more that 180 hours because I been a lot and doing quite well time/esp wise (at least I think so) and it will take me far more than 180 hours before I can beat it...there is still so much land for me to discover.

It actually took me less than 180 hours to do it all, 180 hours is just the time I was logged on, including while I was out or asleep.

kirbymixmasta

Jul 11, 2005
Originally posted by: kongs

It actually took me less than 180 hours to do it all, 180 hours is just the time I was logged on, including while I was out or asleep.

Thats quite amazing, less then 180 hours to do ALL the quests and missions? You're sure you've done everything.. Thats beyond me, I've almost done that on one character, but I'm probably way over 180. Haven't checked because I haven't had time to play.

bockchow

Platinum Member
Sep 18, 2001
180 isn't that fast, took me 120 to complete the game, capture all primary/secondary elite skills and basicly screw around alot. i've done every mission with this character except for a couple in fissure/underworld since everybody is just there to farm not run the missinos.

mb

Lifer
Jun 27, 2004
Originally posted by: bockchow
180 isn't that fast, took me 120 to complete the game, capture all primary/secondary elite skills and basicly screw around alot. i've done every mission with this character except for a couple in fissure/underworld since everybody is just there to farm not run the missinos.

Did you see the posts where I said I left it logged in all day and night, even when not playing? I slept at least 8 hours a day, had school and work and errands to do... it wasn't 180 hours in front of the computer.

Oh, and I still play the game today :)

bockchow

Platinum Member
Sep 18, 2001
ya the post wasn't in reference to you, i saw this post a month ago, it was in referencce kirbymixmasta who was finding it hard to believe that 180 was doable