So how about that football

Page 39 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Really not sure why Rodgers didn't run on that 3rd down play. Would have gotten close and made 4th down an easy go for it call. Still not sure why they didn't go for it anyway.

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
That was a head scratcher of a call. I know Green Bay fans are going to be upset because of the pass interference call and the 12 man on field calls but they were both right. They should have went for it on 4th down. Either way they needed a touch down.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Why did GB not go for it on 4th and Goal? Very surprising to take the kick.

That was CLOSE to the Seahawks passing instead of going beast-mode 3 times in a row in the superbowl stupid...

:rolleyes:

Giving Tom Brady a chance to run out the clock with a lead like that was just a bad decision.

Reactions: pete6032

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
so brady's TENTH superbowl appearance.

and this time, in his home stadium!
when was the last time a team played the superbowl in their home stadium?

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
That was CLOSE to the Seahawks passing instead of going beast-mode 3 times in a row in the superbowl stupid...

:rolleyes:

Giving Tom Brady a chance to run out the clock with a lead like that was just a bad decision.
Not like GB really wanted Rodgers to win. It's like he's just there to spin his wheels until their toy is ready......

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003

I seriously doubt it will matter though. Tampa won't be able to push either AFC teams lines around the way they did with GB today and Brady can't scramble worth a damn.

In addition BOTH AFC teams are bigger, faster and younger in nearly every facet of offense.

Again however it IS Brady! :oops:

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
I seriously doubt it will matter though. Tampa won't be able to push either AFC teams lines around the way they did with GB today and Brady can't scramble worth a damn.

In addition BOTH AFC teams are bigger, faster and younger in nearly every facet of offense.

Again however it IS Brady! :oops:
Brady got the refs in his pockets.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
I thought GB would be able to come back but too many drops + a TD right before the half + easy points from turnovers for TB = too hard to overcome.

Let see if Bills can make to the SB and win it all or another SB choke for them.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I thought GB would be able to come back but too many drops + a TD right before the half + easy points from turnovers for TB = too hard to overcome.

Let see if Bills can make to the SB and win it all or another SB choke for them.

What killed GB today was weak line play on both sides of the ball but especially the O-line. Tampa was mostly able to dominate the line of scrimmage and as a result Rogers didn't have time to pass the way he wanted too consistently.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Allen has certainly turned into normal Josh Allen. Picks, inaccuracy, lack of poise.

Mahomes and the Chiefs have a tendency to do that! :D

Really the Chiefs defensive game plan gets credit for this win ... they had Allen off balance/rattled for most of the game.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
He sure did today.
yeah.. refs only called like 3 penalties all game.
but with 2min left in the 4th quarter, refs threw a VERY LATE holding penalty against Tampa.

it was like Brady got on his cell phone, called the ref and told him to throw the flag.
that was about how long it took the refs to throw that flag.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
yeah.. refs only called like 3 penalties all game.
but with 2min left in the 4th quarter, refs threw a VERY LATE holding penalty against Tampa.

it was like Brady got on his cell phone, called the ref and told him to throw the flag.
that was about how long it took the refs to throw that flag.

I saw a couple of defensive holding penalties against TB that weren't called...ah well...on any given Sunday...

I rofl's at the scrums late in the Buffalo/KC game.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Sources confirm Watson has requested a trade.

So, which team does Watson find sexy?

I would love to see him on THE Football Team, but it would only ever be a terrible trade for Washington, so no.

Though, he honestly might be worth a first round pick. Washington can't do drafting all that well. (outside of Chase Young and Champ Baily....whom they traded of course in a fucking awful trade)

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
The price for Watson is gonna be at least two first round picks, plus a 2nd round pick, and some more, if no players are involved

Reactions: zinfamous