So Fox says Biden email confirmed.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
I’m confused - what misconduct does the ‘confirmed’ email show, even if it is referring to Biden? He was a private citizen at the time.

It is very clear that someone had access to Hunter Biden’s private materials and some materials are real. The thing is, without independent verification we have no idea what is real and what is not. When the Russians hacked Macron’s campaign they did this where they mixed forgeries in with real materials, hoping the real materials would make the forgeries appear genuine as well.

I've suffered through reading the articles on conservative websites to make sure I'm prepared for any of the talking points that "suckers" may bring up in conversation.

Still waiting for the material that showed wrong doing by either Hunter Biden or Joe Biden.

Every time I ask they change the subject to either.

People have tried to use Hunter to get favors due to his name for years. That what happens when you have famous parents.
Companies hiring people in an attempt to influence is not criminal. Taking a well paying job because some company wants to cash in on your name is not criminal.

Implying that Hunter Biden is doing something wrong for accepting job offers because companies think he might have a better shot at influencing US government is pretty stupid.
Implying that Hunter Biden is doing something wrong for having an education, work experience as well a peers and getting into the investment business is pretty damn stupid.

Decades have shown that Joe Biden worked hard to avoid conflicts of interest and it's been pretty fucking clear that Biden has not financially benefited from the activities of grown ass men in his family with their own fucking careers who happened to share the Biden name.

How quickly everyone forgets that Joe Biden was not a wealthy man until his book deal after he left public service.

"Joe Biden is corrupt because he .....er something something something"
Show me how he benefited?

"Hunter benefited because of Joe Biden's help"
Hunter Biden chose to leave a career as a lobbyist when Joe became vice president. He then moved over to an investment company, grabbed an adjunct professor job and headed up this https://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=7696
Great success. When your dad is vice president...you leave a field that is a huge money maker when your dad is the vice president. Faced with having to start over, you link up with friends and start an investment firm.

So they are saying that Republican led investigations came to the wrong conclusions? Are you saying that Republicans are acting in some sort of deep state thing to protect Biden?
So they are saying that testimony from countless officials that say "No." is some sort of conspiracy?
Are they saying that interviews and articles from the past 30 fucking years of people noting that Joe Biden acted in ways to minimize conflicts of interest while in the senate?

Is it something unique with Trump idiots, where they can't understand a world where family member can draw lines between the family life and their professional life and that some fathers raise their kids to stand on their own 2 feet?

Is the innuendo about Biden supposed to be the counterweight against the complaints about the Trump families dealings while Trump is actually in office?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I've suffered through reading the articles on conservative websites to make sure I'm prepared for any of the talking points that "suckers" may bring up in conversation.

Still waiting for the material that showed wrong doing by either Hunter Biden or Joe Biden.

Every time I ask they change the subject to either.

People have tried to use Hunter to get favors due to his name for years. That what happens when you have famous parents.
Companies hiring people in an attempt to influence is not criminal. Taking a well paying job because some company wants to cash in on your name is not criminal.

Implying that Hunter Biden is doing something wrong for accepting job offers because companies think he might have a better shot at influencing US government is pretty stupid.
Implying that Hunter Biden is doing something wrong for having an education, work experience as well a peers and getting into the investment business is pretty damn stupid.

Decades have shown that Joe Biden worked hard to avoid conflicts of interest and it's been pretty fucking clear that Biden has not financially benefited from the activities of grown ass men in his family with their own fucking careers who happened to share the Biden name.

How quickly everyone forgets that Joe Biden was not a wealthy man until his book deal after he left public service.

"Joe Biden is corrupt because he .....er something something something"
Show me how he benefited?

"Hunter benefited because of Joe Biden's help"
Hunter Biden chose to leave a career as a lobbyist when Joe became vice president. He then moved over to an investment company, grabbed an adjunct professor job and headed up this https://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=7696
Great success. When your dad is vice president...you leave a field that is a huge money maker when your dad is the vice president. Faced with having to start over, you link up with friends and start an investment firm.

So they are saying that Republican led investigations came to the wrong conclusions? Are you saying that Republicans are acting in some sort of deep state thing to protect Biden?
So they are saying that testimony from countless officials that say "No." is some sort of conspiracy?
Are they saying that interviews and articles from the past 30 fucking years of people noting that Joe Biden acted in ways to minimize conflicts of interest while in the senate?

Is it something unique with Trump idiots, where they can't understand a world where family member can draw lines between the family life and their professional life and that some fathers raise their kids to stand on their own 2 feet?

Is the innuendo about Biden supposed to be the counterweight against the complaints about the Trump families dealings while Trump is actually in office?
Yes, as far as I can tell it’s a bunch of hand waving and innuendo.

They can’t answer a very simple question that renders everything else meaningless - what did Joe do wrong?

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
I’m confused - what misconduct does the ‘confirmed’ email show, even if it is referring to Biden? He was a private citizen at the time.

It is very clear that someone had access to Hunter Biden’s private materials and some materials are real. The thing is, without independent verification we have no idea what is real and what is not. When the Russians hacked Macron’s campaign they did this where they mixed forgeries in with real materials, hoping the real materials would make the forgeries appear genuine as well.
It's possible some material was gleaned from when Russia hacked Burisma, the whole Hunter dropped off
a laptop story sounds like utter fantasy, no one would leave a laptop filled with personal information for repair
and just abandon it. Moreover, any reputable tech would comb through someone's hard drive looking for information,
if the unit was repaired and never paid for or picked up it would be reformatted and sold to cover the repair cost.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Vs the conveniently granted trademarks in China for Ivanka. Or Jared on government paid trips looking to find investors for his 666 Fifth Avenue

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Fox news has done more to destroy this country than any other institution I can think of at the moment. I think that organizations that make money off opinions and opinions that are essentially insane need to be regulated at least to the extent that those opinions can't be delivered without immediate fact check rebuttal. They use the public owned airwaves to subvert the mind of the public for political manipulation and power. Why should we put up with such evil. There are limits to free speech and Fox news watchers live in a bubble where Fox news is screaming Fire Fire Fire, kill reality and save your life. And please don't wear masks. It's not fair if we can't kill each other in the process, so long as it serves power.

Reactions: skyking

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
It doesn’t matter... people aren’t concerned about emails or this Biden conspiracy. What people are concerned with is the virus, the resurgence of the virus, their dying from the virus, and Trump lying about the virus. Just look at Chris Christie on Sunday morning’s news show THIS WEEK. Chris Christie, a regular, looked awful. He really looked miserable. Obviously Chris is still suffering. For a fat republican that supports Donald Trump even after Trump tried to kill Chris off with the virus, I still felt sorry for Chris. The kind of sorry that Jim Jones followers must have felt for Jim Jones as they laid there in the mud moaning and groaning from the kool-aid. A lot will factor into this election but Biden emails won’t be one of them.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
Fox is a wedge and a set of blinders between me and my neighbors, it keeps us from sharing so many things. I keep offering though. Some of them do value what we can share is real.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I've been saying this for a while to my friends. The historians will look back at America's decline and will be able to point out two major media companies as major factors - Murdoch's media will be numbero uno for willfully and intentionally distributing poison that melted the minds of tens of millions of Americans. Then Facebook, for creating a platform where misinformation and other mind numbing things could spread quickly and far and wide.

Last edited:
Reactions: RamIt

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Fox news has done more to destroy this country than any other institution I can think of at the moment. I think that organizations that make money off opinions and opinions that are essentially insane need to be regulated at least to the extent that those opinions can't be delivered without immediate fact check rebuttal. They use the public owned airwaves to subvert the mind of the public for political manipulation and power. Why should we put up with such evil. There are limits to free speech and Fox news watchers live in a bubble where Fox news is screaming Fire Fire Fire, kill reality and save your life. And please don't wear masks. It's not fair if we can't kill each other in the process, so long as it serves power.
Bringing back the Fairness Doctrine would be a start.