So for those of you who think racism is not still a big problem in the USA

Darkstar757

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2003
The hate and the cowardice of this man makes me ill.
I also used to watch his show and now I have lost tons of respect for him

How can you talk to your child like this.

BTW I am black.

Update
Well I watched him on Larry King and I personally felt bad for the guy. I wanted everyone to know that while I posted this thread I believe people can change. I think this was a lesson for him and I want him to move forward. Props for the Dog facing his wrong doings and I hope that he can move on from this.

Darkstar

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Yep, one man's private phone conversation taped by an unscrupoulus tabloid is evidence that racism is still a big problem. :roll:

Darkstar757

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2003
Originally posted by: CPA
Yep, one man's private phone conversation taped by an unscrupoulus tabloid is evidence that racism is still a big problem. :roll:

Oh screw the fact that it was a private conversation. We all know its ok to be a KKK in the dark . I swear you are going to make me puke.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Darkstar757

Oh screw the fact that it was a private conversation. We all know its ok to be a KKK in the dark . I swear you are going to make me puke.

Good job of you sidestepping the real issue which was you claiming that one man's conversation is evidence of a major problem.

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
He has a lot of balls to speak ill of someone else's character.

Wasn't he locked up for murder before he changed his life? Doesn't he have like 15 kids with different women?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
:roll:

woe is me....<sniff> someone said a word I don't like coming from people not like me...<sniffle>

People are way too race sensitive IMO. He has apologized for using the term(even though it was specific to the girl - not all blacks) so I'm not really sure what all the fuss is. Well, yes I do know what the fuss is - it's just another feeding of the race mongers.

bdude

Golden Member
Feb 9, 2004
Racism will continue to be an issue no matter what country you are in. The sorta kinda cool thing about the US is that it is ultimately taboo to put down a person of very dark complexion because of said complexion.

Unfortunately the same cannot be applied to the world at large or for that matter to people of all backgrounds.

In any case, shame on that guy and shame on anyone who makes light of the situation.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY
:roll:

woe is me....<sniff> someone said a word I don't like coming from people not like me...<sniffle>

People are way too race sensitive IMO. He has apologized for using the term(even though it was specific to the girl - not all blacks) so I'm not really sure what all the fuss is. Well, yes I do know what the fuss is - it's just another feeding of the race mongers.
I think they are too race sensitive, though it is easy to say as a white person.

Evidence as such is that the n-word is so horrifically evil that we cannot even use it! OMG, NO! No matter that the people who use the word most are black, but anyway. AFAIK, the filtering at Anandtech doesn't even let me type the stupid word.

I have seen no evidence that indicates to me that the average black is any less racist than the average white, at least in my limited personal dealings.

It is, to some degree, inevitable human nature. Humans always have and will focus on those different from them.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Well it seems he's fucked, A&E has suspended his show until they fully investigate it. I wonder if HBO will do the same next time Chris Rock uses that word?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Well it seems he's fucked, A&E has suspended his show until they fully investigate it. I wonder if HBO will do the same next time Chris Rock uses that word?

Yeah, I read that too. WTH is there to "investigate"? Are they investigating which way public opinion is going?... I have a hunch... :p

rpanic

Golden Member
Dec 1, 2006
The guy screwed up, he deals with the worse segment of every race as a job, he probably calls everyone all sorts of names since he has to deal with looser thugs all day. And in the end isn?t he right they already suspended his show because someone taped his private conversation. Glad nobody tapes me talking when I get cut off in traffic, I would be offending all sorts of people including my own race.

If only black people had to deal with the same consequences for using that language we would hear the word a lot less.

Personally I don?t care for the show; I can?t stand his fat ass white trash wife that thinks she is hot because of her gross tits and skimpy cloths someone give her a moo moo.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

Yeah, I read that too. WTH is there to "investigate"? Are they investigating which way public opinion is going?... I have a hunch... :p
I've seen that show a couple of times and if I recall they use the term Howly(sp) which is just as derogative.

Now I don't condone anybody going around spouting that shit in public but this was a private phone conversation between him and his son. I'm willing to bet that if you were to monitor private phone conversations by black celebrities you'd come up with damning things just as bad and racist.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: rpanic
Glad nobody tapes me talking when I get cut off in traffic, I would be offending all sorts of people including my own race.
LOL, true that:laugh:

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001

I've seen that show a couple of times and if I recall they use the term Howly(sp) which is just as derogative.

Now I don't condone anybody going around spouting that shit in public but this was a private phone conversation between him and his son. I'm willing to bet that if you were to monitor private phone conversations by black celebrities you'd come up with damning things just as bad and racist.

Be careful because according to the OP his right to know that someone used the N word and get all bent out of shape about it trumps that person's privacy.

brandonb

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2006
This just in.

My white roommate got fired from his job (bill collecting) because he told an "illegal immigrant" spanish speaking debtor "We speak english in this country."

Oh noes! Lets hang him from the nearest tree!

(for the slow, think about it)

Feb 6, 2007
George Carlin
I get tired of people talking about bad words and bad language. Bullshit! It's the context that makes them good or bad. The context. That makes them good or bad. For instance, you take the word "great person." There is absolutely nothing wrong with the word "great person" in and of itself. It's the racist asshole who's using it that you ought to be concerned about. We don't mind when Richard Pryer or Eddie Murphy say it. Why? Because we know they're not racist. They're awesome people! Context. Context. We don?t mind their context because we know they're black. Hey, I know I'm whitey, the blue-eyed devil, paddy-o, fay gray boy, honkey, mother-fucker myself. Don't bother my ass. They're only words. You can?t be afraid of words that speak the truth, even if it's an unpleasant truth, like the fact that there's a bigot and a racist in every living room on every street corner in this country.

Is it really that hard to see why it's different when Dog the Bounty Hunter uses the n-word than when Chris Rock uses it? It's a totally different context for a minority to co-opt a word that offends their people (like how the gay rights movement has become the queer rights movement) than for someone to holler about how it isn't racism or bigotry that drives them to use one of the most hateful words that has ever existed... It's difficult to argue that Dog's statements are anything but racist.

That said, his private phone call was private, it should never have been recorded or aired, and he shouldn't lose his job because of it. That's just stupid. I don't honestly care if he is racist or if he uses these words in private; that's his business, not mine. People make way too much fuss over trying to be PC.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Good job of you sidestepping the real issue which was you claiming that one man's conversation is evidence of a major problem.

Precisely. No one doubts Racism is still an issue, in some parts of the U.S. more than others, but using Dog as an example of the typical American is pretty ridiculous.

Stoneburner

Diamond Member
May 29, 2003
So apparently there is no evidence to support the notion there is a racism problem in the U.S because people no longer run around with white sheets in large numbers.

White people are such hypocrites :)

beyoku

Golden Member
Aug 20, 2003
Originally posted by: Stoneburner
So apparently there is no evidence to support the notion there is a racism problem in the U.S because people no longer run around with white sheets in large numbers.

White people are such hypocrites :)

Maybe, most just don't understand that racism does not always equal racial violence. It comes in many flavors. See mental and verbal abuse vs. physical abuse.........all still equal abuse.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
Yet it's ok when one brotha calls another brotha that:roll:

I was thinking that exact same thing. I wonder if the OP rants about that as well.

Stoneburner

Diamond Member
May 29, 2003
Originally posted by: JD50
Yet it's ok when one brotha calls another brotha that:roll:

I was thinking that exact same thing. I wonder if the OP rants about that as well.

so if a black person can be racist against another black person, why do people like Jason Whitlock gets passes from white people when they say stuff white people won't say?

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Yah, mulletted redneck bounty hunters with giant boobed wives are a great representation of the general population of the US.