So does anyone here actually think McCain will win?

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
I'm voting for McCain & Barbie, but realistically i don't give him too much of a chance at winning. 30/70 at best ... is anyone here convinced he'll win? If so, how do you figure?

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Nope, barring some unforseen event of huge magnitude I think Obama will win by a pretty large margin.

Fern

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
previously I'd have said maybe if Obama was caught in some kind of major scandal... but now, probably not.

I think Obama will win no matter what and any negative issue that comes up between now and whenever the media gets tired of him will be deflected aside as distractions, old politics, negative attacks, etc.

ScottMac

Moderator<br>Networking<br>Elite member
Mar 19, 2001
I think he's still got a pretty decent chance ... "Nothing is over until we say it is .... was it over when the germans bombed Perl Harbor?" ...

Keep hope alive, "Anybody (except gynecologists) but Obama 08!"

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: DarrelSPowers
Didn't you see that other thread?

God's taking care of this election... MCCAIN 08!!!
I actually believe to some extent that God is specifically handing this to the dems, including with people like Palin, basically saying "Look, PLEASE don't vote those assholes in again."

I'm like loki but believe a scandal can rock things up to the last minute. If pictures came out with Obama wearing a turban made out of the US flag while having gay sex with somebody, it would kill his hopes of winning.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Given that McCain has to win in all 8 states in which he's currently polling behind, anyone who says he has a decent chance is confusing their expectations with their desires.

538 gives him about a 6% chance. Intrade says 13%. Depending on the natl poll Obama leads from 5-11 points. Unless someone pulls off Obama's face to reveal Osama, it's done.

pandrig

Sep 28, 2001
Originally posted by: ScottMac
I think he's still got a pretty decent chance ... "Nothing is over until we say it is .... was it over when the germans bombed Perl Harbor?" ...

Germans bombed Pearl Harbor??????

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
This might have been the wrong forum to ask this question on - considering about 90% of the posters are liberal. The results will be about as skewed as the polls that show Obama ahead by multiple points.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: T2T III
This might have been the wrong forum to ask this question on - considering about 90% of the posters are liberal. The results will be about as skewed as the polls that show Obama ahead by multiple points.

Just because we're a mostly liberal forum doesn't mean we aren't dead right on this one. Go look at the Fox News polls or ask a conservative columnist what McCain's chances are right now. They are very very slim. OPs question is not what do you want to happen, but what do you think will.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
The results will be about as skewed as the polls that show Obama ahead by multiple points.
Those are skewed? Hahha

BTW, this forum wasn't always liberal and isn't now. it's just full of more than average educated people who realize that the republican party is a cancer and they want no party of it. Things were far more divisive in the '04 election, if you were in P&N back then. These days people know a lame duck when they see one.

Rockinacoustic

Platinum Member
Aug 19, 2006
Originally posted by: jonks
Given that McCain has to win in all 8 states in which he's currently polling behind, anyone who says he has a decent chance is confusing their expectations with their desires.

Your expectations of these polled people all going out to vote November 4th is just as much a desire. Nothing is for sure.

woodie1

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2000
Originally posted by: pandrig

I was wondering when the Germans had time to do that too.

I do think it is still a horse race if you consider race a factor.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003

Animal House?

Fern

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: Rockinacoustic
Originally posted by: jonks

Your expectations of these polled people all going out to vote November 4th is just as much a desire. Nothing is for sure.

No, nothing is for sure, but me basing my expectation on every scientific poll taken is not a desire.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

You've never seen Animal House?

As for the polls being 'skewed', just stop it. There are at least a dozen polls out by nonpartisan scientific pollsters and they are largely in agreement: Obama is winning by somewhere around or a bit above 5 points.

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000

Never seen Animal House?

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Going to take a fucking miracle.

I will welcome my new democrat overlords Nov 5th.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Originally posted by: Budmantom
I have a feeling that the anti-god and anti-country party will win.

Oh, I didn't notice this post before. Stop being stupid.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Budmantom

I have a feeling that the anti-god and anti-country party will win.

The "anti-god and anti-country party" will lose. They're called Republicans. You know...
  • The anti-god Party that started a war based on LIES that, as of 10-22-08, has squandered the lives of 4,186 American troops and left tens of thousands more wounded, scarred and disabled for life in the name of their pissant penny ante deity.
    rose.gif
    :(
  • The anti-country party that lined their pockets while allowing their Wall Street cronies to take us from economic growth and surpluses to economic disaster and deficits. :thumbsdown:
At least, they didn't shut down Guantanamo so we have a ready built facility to house them once they're tried and convicted for their murder, treason, torture, war crimes and war profiteering.

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Fern

Animal House?

Fern

Yes. From the movie Animal House, lol! :laugh: