So Darren Wilson has a clean record?

Oldgamer

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
The Ferguson police have indicated that there were no disciplinary reports in Darren Wilson's file.

What Chief Jackson didn't tell anyone at any of the press conferences was that, until he took over in 2010, use of force complaints were not kept in an officer's personnel file.

Jen Hayden wrote about the Henry Davis case on Friday: Ferguson police beat a man and then charged him with 'destruction of property' for bloody uniforms

What I found interesting in the Daily Beast article by Michael Daly, was the way use of force complaints were treated by the Ferguson PD.

In brief, Henry Davis was arrested in Ferguson on Sept 9, 2009, when he took the wrong exit off of the highway and pulled over to wait for a heavy rain to lighten. He was arrested in a case of mistaken identity, beaten by four officers in his cell, after they knew he was innocent, and then charged with damaging police property i.e. he got blood on their uniforms. BTW, first they handcuffed him. Then they beat him.

When Henry Davis' lawyer, James Schottel tried to find out what type of record the officers who beat his client had, he uncovered a can of worms.

Schottel got another unpleasant surprise when he sought the use-of-force history of the officers involved. He learned that before a new chief took over in 2010 the department had a surprising protocol for non-fatal use-of-force reports.
“The officer himself could complete it and give it to the supervisor for his approval,” the prior chief, Thomas Moonier, testified in a deposition. “I would read it. It would be placed in my out basket, and my secretary would probably take it and put it with the case file.”

No copy was made for the officer’s personnel file.

Daily Beast - August 15, 2014

No investigation. Just an officer writing up his excuse. The excuse went in the case file and nothing went on the officer's "record."
Chief Jackson changed that policy when he took up the reins of the department in 2010, but a policy change that fundamentally alters the long term relationship between the police and the citizens they are sworn to serve and protect, would probably take a while to implement. If it could, in fact, be implemented.

According to his deposition in the Davis case, Jackson instituted a system that required all complaints to cross his desk and be "assigned a number in an internal affairs log." There is no indication when this new system was begun and/or how effective it was. It should be interesting to see if any mention is made of this in regards to Officer Wilson, if and when he is ever charged and tried.

The fact that Officer Wilson had no disciplinary record is different from the fact that he has no record of using excessive force. It could mean that he was not disciplined for use of force. Or that he never used excessive force. But the information that is coming out on him, in drips and drabs, makes me wonder. He was at best an unfeeling, foul-mouthed asshole according to the report of one woman who had an earlier encounter with him.

But while the police department is trying very hard to portray Darren Wilson as a good cop, we should keep in mind the history of a department that had officers commit perjury to claim that another innocent victim bled on their uniforms. Police Officer John Beaird, Police Officer Christopher Pillarick, and Police Officer Michael White were all named in the Daily Beast article as signing the complaint and then denying the facts in their depositions.

And don't forget that the policewoman, Kim Tihen, who straddled Mr. Davis and cuffed him before her fellow officers beat him badly enough to cause a concussion, is now a member of the City Council of Ferguson, as reported here by a member of Daily Kos.

Attic

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2010
You gotta consider how you'd take it if there was a person doing to Brown, what you're doing to Wilson.

What is the difference?

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Got to love liberal logic.

Brown is caught on video minutes before the incident robbing a store... liberals make all kinds of excuses for why it isnt him.

There is no evidence of the officer having past issues... liberals well maybe there are some super secret past issues no one knows about

D:

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
I don't think we really need a new thread for every thing related to this situation, do we? They're all related to the same incident and should be kept to one thread.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Best thread ever. Since no reporting of complaints was done before a few years prior to this incident, it is only the most logical conclusion that the officer involved had thousands, but stopped once they started being put in his file!

Also, since once upon a time, some other officers were involved in something illegal, every cop in that department is a criminal.

Clearly, cops are bad! We should get rid of them! Laws are upheld simply by existing, right? Criminals never rob cigar stores...

railer

Golden Member
Apr 15, 2000
why does the idiot OP keep making new threads about the same thing? Anybody?

Feb 4, 2009
The kid seemed to be a trouble maker/thug in training. That doesn't mean the shooting shouldn't be looked at.
People also have a right to protest imagine if hardware like this was used at the Bundy ranch? People who live in the area should speak up its their responsibility to make sure Police are doing what's expected them. Al Sharpton is correct more people need to vote instead of the current 12%.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
I don't think we really need a new thread for every thing related to this situation, do we? They're all related to the same incident and should be kept to one thread.

And I am sure you all sent out complaints - remember you don't have to read it

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
The kid seemed to be a trouble maker/thug in training. That doesn't mean the shooting shouldn't be looked at.
People also have a right to protest imagine if hardware like this was used at the Bundy ranch? People who live in the area should speak up its their responsibility to make sure Police are doing what's expected them. Al Sharpton is correct more people need to vote instead of the current 12%.

Guess what? Gun or not, when an officer says "don't make any sudden moves" and you make a move to reach toward your pants, you're getting shot. Not saying that happened in this case, but it most certainly could have. While it might suck for the family that their child (who was a thug) was unarmed and killed, it certainly isn't a reason for morons to riot.

Also, using a quote from the racist Al Sharpton... err, I mean the reverend Al Sharpton just discredits you even further.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
You gotta consider how you'd take it if there was a person doing to Brown, what you're doing to Wilson.

What is the difference?

So basically the black people should just shut up and take it. Playing the white mans game makes them what exactly?

Do as I say not as I do, right?

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
So basically the black people should just shut up and take it. Playing the white mans game makes them what exactly?

Do as I say not as I do, right?

Versus what?

Are you suggesting that rioting, looting, vandalizing, burning, strong-arm robbery, are all parts of normal "black people games"?

If white men play the white mens game, then certainly black men play the black mens game. So please do inform us on what that is. Because I haven't a clue.

You've assumed guilt. You've made up your mind. Now you're seeking out evidence to support your conclusion, rather than seeking out evidence to form a conclusion. Is that the black mans game? I really am lost on what you're trying to say.

Last edited:

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Best thread ever. Since no reporting of complaints was done before a few years prior to this incident, it is only the most logical conclusion that the officer involved had thousands, but stopped once they started being put in his file!

Also, since once upon a time, some other officers were involved in something illegal, every cop in that department is a criminal.

Clearly, cops are bad! We should get rid of them! Laws are upheld simply by existing, right? Criminals never rob cigar stores...
Yep, this does seem like an epic fail of a thread, consisting of mere innuendo. It is worth knowing however how the department traditionally handled complaints of unnecessary force.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Whites riot over everything.

Drop a pin RIOT! team looses RIOT!
For a really big game, doesn't seem to make much difference whether the local team wins or loses, there's still going to be some property destroyed.

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
At this point, you have to wonder if Oldgamer was inappropriately touched by a cop. I mean, he hates cops like some ex-altar boys hate priests.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
At this point, you have to wonder if Oldgamer was inappropriately touched by a cop. I mean, he hates cops like some ex-altar boys hate priests.

I just wonder if he has subscribed to a service that scours the internet for any police doing bad things stuff.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000

He has too much righteous hatred not to share it at every opportunity.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
I think we need one more thread on the subject. We still do not know how many shits officer wilson takes in a day.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Versus what?

Are you suggesting that rioting, looting, vandalizing, burning, strong-arm robbery, are all parts of normal "black people games"?

If white men play the white mens game, then certainly black men play the black mens game. So please do inform us on what that is. Because I haven't a clue.

You've assumed guilt. You've made up your mind. Now you're seeking out evidence to support your conclusion, rather than seeking out evidence to form a conclusion. Is that the black mans game? I really am lost on what you're trying to say.

Lol, what the fuck are you talking about?! The white mans game is shit talking about the deceased, to paint an unfavorable picture of the guy.

I have no idea what your post is going off about.