So.. Counter Strike isn't a free add-on anymore?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Gibson486

Lifer
Aug 9, 2000
Originally posted by: Pale Rider
Originally posted by: MikeyLSU
Well, if you bought HL2, you got CSS for free. You couldn't play CS without buying the original HL so in that case it was pretty much similar except you could buy CSS byitself if you wanted. That is something you could not do with the original.

Do you read at all?

Lets recap.

CS:S is a stand alone product - it has never been free.

The original CS was a mod for the original HL. It has always been free for download.

you are beating a dead horse. geesh...

FuryofFive

Golden Member
Sep 7, 2005
"CS is alive and well. If Valve "killed" it, I wish other Games would get the death knell from Valve too. That would sell millions of copies of UT3 I'd wager.[/quote]" quote from a previous post in this thread

why would u want people to buy that garbage...coming from the competitive UT2k4 community it saddens me, people bought that game. they turned that game into a crappy console game, and puked out a pc version for us..

anyone play TAM for ut2004... super awesome mod...

oogabooga

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2003
Originally posted by: RandomFool
Originally posted by: JBT
If you own the original HL the CS is a free mod.
If you bought one of the "packages" when HL2 came out Bronze, Silver, Gold etc. CS:S was included.
If you buy HL2 today CS:S is not included. CS:S is all by its self.

A+

agreed, Plus gold stars.

Wasn't CS:S the multiplayer FOR HL2? HL2 DM didn't even come out till sometime after the game release...

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: FuryofFive
"CS is alive and well. If Valve "killed" it, I wish other Games would get the death knell from Valve too. That would sell millions of copies of UT3 I'd wager.
" quote from a previous post in this thread

why would u want people to buy that garbage...coming from the competitive UT2k4 community it saddens me, people bought that game. they turned that game into a crappy console game, and puked out a pc version for us..

anyone play TAM for ut2004... super awesome mod...[/quote]

My comment was about dispelling the idea of Valve killing CS. It was not about the quality of UT3.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Originally posted by: oogabooga
Originally posted by: RandomFool
Originally posted by: JBT
If you own the original HL the CS is a free mod.
If you bought one of the "packages" when HL2 came out Bronze, Silver, Gold etc. CS:S was included.
If you buy HL2 today CS:S is not included. CS:S is all by its self.

A+

agreed, Plus gold stars.

Wasn't CS:S the multiplayer FOR HL2? HL2 DM didn't even come out till sometime after the game release...

No... DM was the multiplayer for HL2 and I believe it worked on launch day. Whether it did or not isn't the issue, but CS:S has ALWAYS been considered it's own entity even when it's bundled. Just because it uses the same engine doesn't mean it's connected like that.

FuryofFive

Golden Member
Sep 7, 2005
Originally posted by: sandorski
Originally posted by: FuryofFive
"CS is alive and well. If Valve "killed" it, I wish other Games would get the death knell from Valve too. That would sell millions of copies of UT3 I'd wager.
" quote from a previous post in this thread

anyone play TAM for ut2004... super awesome mod...

My comment was about dispelling the idea of Valve killing CS. It was not about the quality of UT3.[/quote]

no someone in this post, put that. i was simply saying that
my post was not geared towards OP